Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite Star Wars Movie!

+14
Nico Gaborik
Delyn
Bahn Durm
Cullis
Jeme'Maer
Satarel Vao
Jano Vas
Ruka
Toranilor
Kevlar
Jen Qaatil
Foilole
Quinlan Sa'athis
Tyren Vaal
18 posters

Go down

Your favorite Star Wars Movie.

Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_lcap5%Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_lcap32%Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_lcap27%Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_lcap9%Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_lcap9%Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_lcap18%Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 22

Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Empty Your favorite Star Wars Movie!

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm

Just a little poll of choice. I'm very interested to see results!
Out of a tough choice of A New Hope and The Phantom Menace I chose the latter. It was the first Star Wars Movie I actually ever saw, and I just enjoyed it.
I'd also like to see your explanations on why. Choose wisely!
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Star Wars Movie! Empty Re: Your favorite Star Wars Movie!

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Revenge of the Sith.
I am a sucker for special effects and this movie capped of the story nicely for me.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Revenge of the Sith for me but the Clone wars is right up there too
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Qaatil Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Personally I would say my favourite is Return of Jedi. Because of the following :

1. Luke kicks ass with a new outfit and lightsaber.
2. Three epic battles at the same time.
3. Anakin comes back to the Light Side.
4. And lets not forget.. Ewoks for the win!!!
Jen Qaatil
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:15 pm

I voted for Return of the Jedi.

I take it that I'm the only one who watched the original Star Wars movies 15 or more times when they were 6?

hah! After that I just couldn't really vote for any of the new star wars trilogy, (my most major point of contention is the really wooden acting and bad dialogue in the new Star Wars. Also some of the cheesiness of the new trilogy doesn't really suit.)

But then again, I guess those are pretty personal opinions. Feel free to disagree =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Empire Strikes back. Then Return, New hope, and episodes 1, 2, then 3. The new movies progressively got worse to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Episode 1, being that it was the first movie I saw, and it had both Darth Maul and Qui-Gon in it.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 pm

I'll always remember when "A New Hope" was released at the cinemas....it was massive back in the day!
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:44 pm

The Empire Strikes back.
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:35 am

I'm going with Revenge of the Sith.. alot of epic fighting, and Obi Wan is just the king of men in that movie. Obi-Wan + one saber slash = three lost limbs for Anakin. Badass.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:48 am

I am going with Empire Strikes Back. Mostly because of the AT-AT's, the meeting with yoda, and the battle on Bespin.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:26 am

Gota love Empire - the Hoth battle, probot droids, Lando and bountyhunters...awesome.

Also that scene in the snowstrorm where Han finds Luke half dead - just makes you wanna cut one open and get inside all that steaming jelly on a cold night mmm.
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 am

I think that 'Return of the Jedi' stands as my favorite and the only Star Wars movie that Lucas directed that I enjoyed.
I really enjoyed watching that so many times as a kid (even more so as an adult). I just wish that Lucas did a better job with episodes I-III.

Luke, space battles, and land battles rock my ass. I'm happy, indeed.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am

Cullis wrote:Gota love Empire - the Hoth battle, probot droids, Lando and bountyhunters...awesome.

Also that scene in the snowstrorm where Han finds Luke half dead - just makes you wanna cut one open and get inside all that steaming jelly on a cold night mmm.

and i thought they smelt bad... on the outside.

have to agree Empire is the best of the lot. although i did like some parts of revenge of the sith
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:22 pm

I remember watching Return of the Jedi when I was a youngling on VHS countless times, however I'm a sucker for badass light saber battles and Darth Vader and Obi-Won in Revenge of the Sith still blows me away.
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Edit: Oops, posted in wrong thread...delete this post if possible.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:53 am

For the longest time I loved Empire Strikes Back because of the different take on how a movie could end. Most movies don't end with the main protagonist getting his arm chopped of and his best friend being frozen in carbonite lol but recently I've chosen Return Of The Jedi because of the AWESOME! lightsaber battle at the end and the revelation of Darth Vader who, in the end, died as Anakin Skywalker.
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 am

Maybe, just maybe I like Clone Wars the most. Though it was a while since I saw it, here's why. Windu, Obi-Wan, the clone troopers, they all crushed the Separists, everything was going so well. I have a weak spot for happy endings, and there were no irritating characters more than Anakin and Padme in their awkward falling-in-love scenes, which I with ease can overlook with Battle of Geonosis in mind.
God I love that arena fight, when all the jedi hiding among the crowds turn on their lightsabers to show that they've come to rescue, and I just think "these are brave guys".

Though I do miss Qui-Gon and Maul, I can never stop thinking on how it would have ended up if Jin would've survived Episode 1. Babysitting Luke, anyone?

But all and all it varies, sometimes I like the latter movies with my favourite characters that I grew up with, and sometimes the more 'pure' original trilogy with the quality in mind.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 am

I agree gatho, it is my second favourite besides the Empire Strikes Back. I also love the arena scene, it just seems so epic seeing hundreds of jedi pouring into the arena to fight, droids outnumbering them ten to one....at least until the clones arive.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 am

Darth Terron wrote:For the longest time I loved Empire Strikes Back because of the different take on how a movie could end. Most movies don't end with the main protagonist getting his arm chopped of and his best friend being frozen in carbonite lol but recently I've chosen Return Of The Jedi because of the AWESOME! lightsaber battle at the end and the revelation of Darth Vader who, in the end, died as Anakin Skywalker.

except lucas ruined it in the end by making him the young anakin ghost.

the revamped sfx look good but goddammit lucas, han shot first
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:31 am

Kevlar wrote:I voted for Return of the Jedi.

I take it that I'm the only one who watched the original Star Wars movies 15 or more times when they were 6?

hmm i seem to have the memory of watching return of the jedi for an whole day, just play, watch, rewind and repeat (then my VHS buggered up, must've been the most depressing event of my life)
i have to agree that 'Return of the Jedi' was the best, it was just epic..

one thing that continues to puzzle me, why did they have flasher and fancier tech (i.e space fighters and stuff) in episodes 1,2 & 3 than they did in the final 3 (4,5,6) i know you'll all just think well we had better SFX for the first 3, but really couldn't they have at least tried to make it make some sense?
you know just make the old x-wings look flashier?
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 am

Am I an old fogey in heart for really REALLY prefering A New Hope?
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:02 am

quite possibly you are Jacan, quite possibly
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down