Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Voice of the Old Republic

+11
Delyn
Gatho
Cullis
Kevlar
Jen Qaatil
Jano Vas
Arashi Storm
Jeme'Maer
Tyren Vaal
Toranilor
Jacan Na'al
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Voice of the Old Republic Empty The Voice of the Old Republic

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:32 pm

As revealed during E3, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be a fully voiced massively multiplayer online roleplaying game. Watch our third Video Documentary where we explore how voice-over conversations deliver a deeper level of immersion and connection to the story and characters. Every playable character and every non-playable character in the game will be brought to life by voice actors - resulting in several thousand speaking roles and hundreds of thousands of recorded lines of dialogue!

Watch Voice of The Old Republic now!

Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

The Voice of the Old Republic Empty Re: The Voice of the Old Republic

Post  Toranilor Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 pm

This is one of the things that lets you know how awesome TOR is going to be.

Bioware have a big undertaking, with TOR, nto to mention those other two expectantly brilliant games.

Another awesome video!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Mass Effect 2, SWTOR, Bioware is on a roll here. I wonder what Dragon Age will be like?
This made me so excited...and I don't often get excited over video games like this.

We now have a good look at the gameplay and setup, hm, I'm sure a class or planet reveal will be next now, my money is on it.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:14 pm

I am surprised at Bioware, I was expecting an ok update, but this was a double whammy for me. It showed character speech, with graphics and facial expressions. Along with the long awaited gameplay that everyone has wanted to see.

This has been one of my favourite updates.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:56 pm

The update we were all wanting to see I think! I know I couldn't be more happy about it.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:26 am

Hands-down the best update yet.
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 am

I couldn't agree more Jano. I'm surprised there is not more talk about it.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Qaatil Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 am

Truly an amazing update and video. I got excited watching it, makes the waiting even more unbearable.
Jen Qaatil
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:08 am

Is it just me or are the character models for SWTOR a bit terrible?
Something about the shape of them, or how they are stretched out...ah, I can't think so straight.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Qaatil Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 am

In terms or realism, you're right. They do look a little bit wierd. But after playing WoW, realism isn't that much of an issue I guess. But then again, it is a matter of perspective. Maybe BioWare will polish some more.
Jen Qaatil
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:04 am

The style is growing on me. Especially after seeing the models in action. I think they will do just fine.
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:45 am

One thing that I noticed and really liked that it is included was that there was a trooper with a blade - I am happy that melee weapons other than the trusty saber are included in TORs arsenal.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:55 am

Jano Vas wrote:The style is growing on me. Especially after seeing the models in action. I think they will do just fine.

Hehe, I am over analyzing it a bit I guess, it has a good feeling to it the way everything is animated. I'm actually beginning to think that shooting in this might be similar to Mass Effect. The way the sticky grenade + head shot went in one of the small smuggler video's seemed very similar.

Haha, shame his little butterknife was nothing compared to that Jedi's lightsaber Jacan.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Qaatil Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:16 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:One thing that I noticed and really liked that it is included was that there was a trooper with a blade - I am happy that melee weapons other than the trusty saber are included in TORs arsenal.

Well, if I remember correctly, the armour and melee weapons (non-saber) will be made using an ore called cortosis. Apparently it can temporarily disable a saber.

Quoting from Trask Ulgo from KOTOR:

"Your melee weapon is made using a cortosis weave. It's strong enough to stand up against anything, even a lightsaber."
Jen Qaatil
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 am

Cortosis and Tarantatek hide are part of the few things I know that can actually stand up against lightsabers.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 am

Jen Qaatil wrote:
Jacan Na'al wrote:One thing that I noticed and really liked that it is included was that there was a trooper with a blade - I am happy that melee weapons other than the trusty saber are included in TORs arsenal.

Well, if I remember correctly, the armour and melee weapons (non-saber) will be made using an ore called cortosis. Apparently it can temporarily disable a saber.

Quoting from Trask Ulgo from KOTOR:

"Your melee weapon is made using a cortosis weave. It's strong enough to stand up against anything, even a lightsaber."

Stand up to, but not disable. Which you probably meant, but just to make sure.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Qaatil Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks for the info and maybe I missunderstood what I read. If anything, the effect only last about 2 seconds according to Wookieepedia though which can be read here.

Anyways, the point is that cortosis can withstand saber damage. Wonder if we can gather the ore for mats and craft things with it?
Jen Qaatil
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:59 am

I remember reading somewhere that the idea is that cortosis enriched blades are resistant to saber-strikes, while at higher enrichment levels causes sabers which come in contact it to malfunction temporarily, but at the same time the higher levels of cortosis in the mix causes the blade to be less sturdy and more brittle.

This also stands true for things made with cortosis ore. Like armor and droids, ships etc.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:02 am

Re gameplay - hard to see exactly what was being selected but its basically toggle targets, select one and queue attacks?

The HUD did actually look quite SWGish.
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Wheee! Thhoough trying to watch the video without having it lag majorly, for like the fifth time now on a hotel. what kind of network do you guys have here?!
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 am

Jen Qaatil wrote:Thanks for the info and maybe I missunderstood what I read. If anything, the effect only last about 2 seconds according to Wookieepedia though which can be read here.

Anyways, the point is that cortosis can withstand saber damage. Wonder if we can gather the ore for mats and craft things with it?

If you go a bit further down that page to the background section it says why tghe weapons dont short them out, due to the fact that when mixed with other metals to form the alloy it looses the short cicuit properties of the pure ore. still retains the ability to block the sabers though.

Now you could make full suits of cortosis armour like in jedi knight (2) i think - the shadow troopers wore would be awesome.
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:18 pm

*rubs hands* oooo I really can't wait for the Raiding,Space Combat, and PVP updates.
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:36 am

Watching the gameplay gives high hopes for this game. At first I doubted it. But seeing how their devoloping the MMO, their doing one hell of a job.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 am

Sounds great, character models could use a bit more polish however
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:49 am

Nico Gaborik wrote:Sounds great, character models could use a bit more polish however

I think they are a bit stretchy and not so great as well, they ARE made with the Hero Engine so it could be something from that.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next