Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayden Graves

+14
Benson
Rebel Marksman
Bah'Rask
Tyren Vaal
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Jacan Na'al
Jasterk Staren
Udumbara
Quinlan Sa'athis
Dessanar
Eokurios
Kevlar
Rygal Blaqk
Hayden_Graves
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hayden Graves Empty Hayden Graves

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:37 am

Character Name: Hayden Graves

Gaming Background:

I originally started playing MMO’s with Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) where I became a very active member of RDH (Rabid Dogs of Hell, a prominent Imperial Guild) I made a great many friends in the guild as we actively used Team Speak and then partnered with a couple of other guilds that used Ventrilo. I was completely hooked! Unfortunately, when Sony forced the changes to play more like World of Warcraft (WoW), I felt the game and the characters that I had spent two years playing were ruined. Hence, I cancelled my subscriptions and started playing City of Heroes (CoH) / City of Villains (CoV), again jumping back into an active guild that used in game voice chat. After playing for about a year, having several characters reach lvl 50 and completing nearly all the in game Task Forces and Group Missions, I suspended my account. I spent the past few years playing in Second Life (SL) in various role-playing communities including Underworld, Bloodlines, GOR, etc.

I’m waiting patiently for SWTOR and I’m extremely excited for the game. Meanwhile keeping up with the story through the trailers, Jedi Archives, etc. I’m not heavily involved in any MMO currently, which is probably the best considering the soon arrival of SWTOR.

My primary interests in playing in MMO’s are in a PVE environment with a focus on character development and playing in teams. (Role-playing, Group Missions, Loot, Story/Content, etc)

Reason for Applying:

An email invitation was sent to me on my SWTOR Account. I was immediately drawn to the grey aspect to the Order. Philosophically, I have always believed in BOTH sides of the Force and that neither may continue to live without the other. Though I tend to be drawn more to the Powers and Hierarchy of the Dark Side, my decisions on how to use the Force focus on what I think is right in a situation. The Dark Side emphasizes self gain through various means of power and destruction while the Light Side encourages evolution through peace and the lack of attachment. However, I simply cannot succumb to either of those extreme teachings. Gain, whether it is for an individual or group does have a place, however my decisions do not typically reflect a destructive path to obtain such things. I believe in using all sides of the Force, both Dark and Light, to accomplish a goal of what is right. Good, Evil, Wrong, and Right are constructively personal perceptions of any given situation including but not limited to times, environments, emotions, interactions, and companies. I focus less on those four components and more on what is balanced and right.

Any who allow themselves to falter too far down one path or another can only be limited to that of a side. Neither of which could offer full truths of themselves and those around them.

I am my own within the Force but not at the expense of disobeying a hierarchy and accept that there are forces of power that must be adhered to albeit weighed with what is right for a personal and greater good.

We are grey…

Your forum name on other sites (such as the official TOR forums):

DrkJediKnght

Where did you first hear about Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO?

I have been a loving fan of the Knights of the Old Republic Games since they were released. I must have played them both more times than I am comfortable with sharing. Like many others, I had been anxiously waiting an announcement regarding KOTOR III, even as rumors of a new Star Wars MMORPG could potentially be announced by BioWare. Either way, it was like being a kid in a candy store. I signed up for the forums the same day that the website and game were announced.

Last edited by Hayden_Graves on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Color Change (for easier reading))
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Hayden Graves Empty Re: Hayden Graves

Post  Rygal Blaqk Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:41 am

Welcome to the boards!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 am

Thank you, Lieutenant... Honored and pleased to make your acquaintance.

Rygal Blaqk wrote:Welcome to the boards!

Last edited by Hayden_Graves on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 am

Good app Hayden, welcome to the forums and good luck with your app.

ps, may want to look at altering the font color, Dark blue is a little difficult to read against the black backdrop, this can be difficult to tell because in the actual text box while you are typing, the background color is grey.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 am

Thank you for the welcome and the "good luck" as well! I'm honored to have a compliment from someone of your rank.

I have since changed the font to a brighter color. Hopefully that makes the read easier.

May the Force Be With Us....

Hayden

Kevlar wrote:Good app Hayden, welcome to the forums and good luck with your app.

ps, may want to look at altering the font color, Dark blue is a little difficult to read against the black backdrop, this can be difficult to tell because in the actual text box while you are typing, the background color is grey.

Last edited by Hayden_Graves on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:09 am

Yay!!! I like this guy. He actually writes in sentences and paragraphs, with punctuation!!!! Finally, I have a kindred spirit on the forums!
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:09 am

Hi there and welcome to the OUF. I am very excited about you application as that was very informative and well written. If you get accepted you might want to check out our RP section. On another note you said it was a PM on the s w t o r site that got you interested. I have been activily emailing People on the S w t o r site to try to get them to come take a look at our great guild. May I please ask was it an email off Glyndwar by any chance?

Thanks for taking the time to reply and also read this. I wish you lots of luck in your application
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 am

Welcome to the forums.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 am

:::blushing:::

It must be from the years of character development and role-playing, originating all the way back to BBS! Uh oh, I think maybe I just revealed far too much. I'm completely ecstatic from the warm welcome, thank you!

Hayden Graves 115775

Hayden

Eokurios wrote:Yay!!! I like this guy. He actually writes in sentences and paragraphs, with punctuation!!!! Finally, I have a kindred spirit on the forums!
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 am

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Chancellor!

I will absolutely take your advice and check out the RP Section if approved. I have lurked around a bit, finding interest in exploring the various Groups of the Order.

Indeed, the email that I received was from Glyndwar on 2010.16.06

Warmest Regards,

Hayden

Dessanar wrote:Hi there and welcome to the OUF. I am very excited about you application as that was very informative and well written. If you get accepted you might want to check out our RP section. On another note you said it was a PM on the s w t o r site that got you interested. I have been activily emailing People on the S w t o r site to try to get them to come take a look at our great guild. May I please ask was it an email off Glyndwar by any chance?

Thanks for taking the time to reply and also read this. I wish you lots of luck in your application
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:37 am

Your app is well done.
Welcome to the boards.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:42 am

Thank you for the welcome, Sir!

Hayden

Garr Talon wrote:Welcome to the forums.
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Graves Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 am

Thank you very much for the thumbs up on my application and welcome, Shadow Commander! I would like to add that you have a VERY cool title. I am definitely going to follow up on the hierarchy and positions to learn more...

May the Force Be With Us....

Hayden

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Your app is well done.
Welcome to the boards.
Hayden_Graves
Hayden_Graves

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 am

You will find everything you need in the links at the top of the forum.
Specifically the Roster, Ranks and Charter.

The History is a good read also.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:19 am

Welcome to the forums! How was your experience with SL? I've always been curious about that scene, but never gave it a go.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 am

Welcome to the forums Hayden. Thats a very well put together application.

Im glad you show appreciation and respect for rank, if you are accepted i think perhaps you have a place in the Assault Militia.

(RDH) sounds familiar, I believe i've seen you guys before, back in my SWG days.

Boba Fett
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:21 am

A very nice application Hayden.

And it is very refreshing to see that you have a clear grasp on the RP Force theories our guild is founded upon.

Stick around, we could definitely use more people like you, your first test is patience Wink
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:44 am

Welcome to the forums mate!
I recommend the cake! Wink
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:50 am

A word the wise, the cake is in fact a lie, a sith mind control device that sometimes over comes our members and forces them to offer the cake to new prospects in the application section. Use you're feelings and avoid the frosted spongy cake at all costs!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:53 am

Welcome to the forums, feel free to look around.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bah'Rask Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 am

Welcome, though I am very unhappy by your application. By comparison, it makes mine look so weak. Would you mind filling yours with errors, saying slurs, or other self-incriminating type deals.
Bah'Rask
Bah'Rask

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 am

Welcome to the forums, have some , it's so delicious and moist! Very Happy

Edit: the square thing is cake but the picture keeps changing for some reason.

Last edited by Rebel Marksman on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 am

I stands for Insidious, cake is insidious, not good.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Welcome to zee forum Hayden, I've been here for a while now and I've never seen an application receiving so many compliments.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Wonderful application, and welcome to the forums. Now for a few random questions if you don't mind.

1. If you had the choice between killing ten-thousand innocents, and letting a heretic walk free, which would you choose and why?

2. What is your favorite color?

3. While working as an intern in the clinic, a patient with a strange infection on his foot stumbles through the door. The infection is spreading at an alarming rate, but the doctor has stepped out for a while. What do you do?

A.) Amputate the foot before the infection spreads.
B.) Scream for help.
C.) Medicate the infected area to the best of your abilities.
D.) Restrain the patient, and merely observe as the infection spreads.
E.) Other, please explain.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum