Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PVP - What do you know? - What do you want?

+12
Tyren Vaal
Quinlan Sa'athis
Jasterk Staren
Carlen Darko
Illian Amerond
Bahn Durm
Dessanar
Jeme'Maer
Latiel
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Kevlar
Dragon
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PVP - What do you know? - What do you want? - Page 3 Empty Re: PVP - What do you know? - What do you want?

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:58 am

I want an ewok as my companian PVP - What do you know? - What do you want? - Page 3 21677
Those little guys are so cute! Haha
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

PVP - What do you know? - What do you want? - Page 3 Empty Re: PVP - What do you know? - What do you want?

Post  Eokurios Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:08 am

Ewoks...that's when we all knew George was getting a little too crazy...

I mean, seriously, stone age midgets with fur could never beat an army of blaster equipped and plasteel armored stormtroopers.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 am

Hey those little guys brought out the old school tactics. Besides what would you think of him if he were to just massacre the poor little guys, they are like fluffy teddy bears haha.
FINE, i'll just have to settle with a wookie! It would probably be a better idea when PvPing anyways, I mean they do have bigger muscles PVP - What do you know? - What do you want? - Page 3 303161
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:25 am

I believe I have read in an interview they have said 'Companions can go wherever you can go.'
I take that to mean companions will be in all forms of PvP/PvE. Personally I am very excited about this, it adds an extra dynamic to PvP..think of it this way, You have a Bounty Hunter PC targeted on the battlefield, yet you cannot see their companion. 'What companion are they using? Is it a CC companion you may have to deal with? Is it a healer companion you should definately have to consider? Is it a DPS companion you may be able to get away with not attacking? Or do they even have a companion at all? In that case I would be rejoicing.
I love the idea of companion characters, after all this is Star Wars and in my opinion it wouldnt be the same without companions.
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 am

Well, if you go back and watch the E3 vids again, they say that companions essentially aren't all that powerful. For example, when they were talking about not having a healer online, all 4 party members could get their healer companions, and hack through an instance that way, but that even that wouldn't be as good as a consular/inquisitor healer. This tells me that a single healer companion probably wouldn't be able to keep someone alive when I'm thrashing them in PvP, unless I really just suck. Likewise, a CC companion wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as a rogue/agent would be, and would likely only prove a minor annoyance.

However, there is something that should not be overlooked. The strength of overwhelming force. If we're in a group PvP scenario, where we have a relatively well balanced group, and EVERYONE brings CC companions...that would annoy the heck out of the Sith, and would probably give us a tremendous edge in combat.

Bottom line: single companions are weak and probably negligible. Massed companions of a single kind are probably a little OP.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:58 pm

A CC companion?? What like WOW warlock succubus?
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm

you have some really valid points here that i have read.

I think as the guild keeps on developing and we attract members from all over the initial Day and Night watch Idea will be a good one as we can set up two different raid and pve groups.

I am from the Uk so people in my time zone one group and another for usa for example that way we can have a constant presence as people have said.

If we do this and have the assualt milita to plan events within this then we can really have a massive impact on swtor....

just my opinion.

Oh and I agree CC companions would be outstanding allowing the main players to concentrate on their specific roles
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rghis Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:35 am

Hope i don't seem to make myself to important, but i think the timezone/ assigned roles could prove a great help. I have no qualms playing as each of the classes. (Jedi would probably be my favorite though PVP - What do you know? - What do you want? - Page 3 107150.

In Global Agenda the AvA sounds totally different than this, so i cant wait to try it. The classes in that are much stricter as you only have one choice of healer who cant attack much, assault that cant really move fast or heal but destroys enemies, etc. etc.

Anyway i think the PvP should move back a bit to battlefront, they had some pretty good mechanics for that. TO avoid repetitiveness there should be different 'conflict levels' in faction wars so lower levels had less devastation while high levels had fighters flying by and destroying enemy bombers that drop random bombs across your territory.

(Maybe a bit too involved but it would be cool).
Rghis
Rghis

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:26 am

Honestly, the PvP is probably gonna be very similar to the different kinds of battlegrounds that they have in WoW, with the possibility of a "control" element for war zones like Alderaan and Hoth (vis a viz Nagrand or the similar war zones in Warhammer Online) which might grand us access to things like special merchants/quests/raid zones (a la Wintergrasp and VoA).
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 am

I like the idea of territory control plus PvP rewards (even if they are purely aesthetic) because of the motivation it gives you to keep playing.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum