Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dead Redemption

+13
Carlen Darko
Rebel Marksman
Fenix
Bahn Durm
Ruka
Quinlan Sa'athis
Benson
Arashi
Jeme'Maer
Jasterk Staren
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Darka
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat May 22, 2010 5:36 pm

I watched my brother playing Red Dead Redemption, the world looks MASSIVE.
How would any of you (who have it) compare it to Just Cause 2's world size?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat May 22, 2010 5:51 pm

I want RDR but I gots no credits.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 pm

yeah, sorry about the poor graphics comment, I just got to play through it once.......and I am truly amazed! The videos I saw did the game no justice.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Mon May 24, 2010 8:35 am

Hmm, I might have to pick this up on PS3. Been waiting for UFC 2010, but looking at RDR it does look really good. Decisions decisions Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 451181
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue May 25, 2010 5:52 pm

I got it for 360, been playing since last friday...

not alot, the weather was great this weekend so I could not stay inside behind my tv.

But the gameworld is massive in RDR, but you cannot compair it to just cause 2.
Yes that is bigger but this time you don't have a jet.....

The game is great, I even dream about it..... :S
Anyway, little time to revieuw or go in detail so maybe later..
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm in a rut with this.
I love this game and want to keep playing it. I even have the entire day off to do it. The only problem... the girlfriend is playing ME2.... I can't tell her to stop, because that game is pretty epic in its own right and I can't deny her that, but I can't get any farther in RDR if she's on the system already.
DAMN YOU, VIDEO GAME GODS!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Tue May 25, 2010 10:48 pm

The only solution: Buy another console, and if needed, another TV.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed May 26, 2010 2:06 am

Ending made me almost cry. Multiplayer is addicting, best game I have ever played.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Wed May 26, 2010 4:20 am

Bahn Durm wrote:I'm in a rut with this.
I love this game and want to keep playing it. I even have the entire day off to do it. The only problem... the girlfriend is playing ME2.... I can't tell her to stop, because that game is pretty epic in its own right and I can't deny her that, but I can't get any farther in RDR if she's on the system already.
DAMN YOU, VIDEO GAME GODS!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!

other solution is ditch the GF!! Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 896548
Just jokes..just wait patiently Bahn, and appreciate how lucky you are to have a gamer girlfriend Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 890939 Shame you cannot 2 play ME2..now that would be awesomesauce!!!
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 am

Still waiting on GameFly to send me this. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed May 26, 2010 11:56 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:Ending made me almost cry. Multiplayer is addicting, best game I have ever played.

I watched my brother play that and get shot in the face twice in the row with a rifle to the face by two other players. Looks annoying, going to start playing this in a few minutes.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed May 26, 2010 3:31 pm

BTW I am epicly annoyed by the rob system....

the button ( Y for xbox) that flashes when you can rob someone really flashes.... ones..
I miss it all the time, more anoying you cant rob someone that sits down.... :S

So I point my gun they go.. aaaahh... stand up... thats the moment that you have to watch for the flashing Y. But the ussually run away before the button appears or I miss it.

epic enjoy, capture anyone, tie them up and you can do so many funny things...
I started with the railroad.... Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 21677 but throwing some bait over the victim and watch from a hill as the wolves, coyotes, etc. come running is priceless.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed May 26, 2010 4:06 pm

so whats this game really like guys. If I am honest i was never a fan of GTA and if its just a western style version of that then I might not bother...

Need to buy something new to play for the ps3 as i am always on nhl 10 WWE and darksideers and to be honest getting a bit bored now
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed May 26, 2010 5:14 pm

GTA San Andreas was a lot cooler than IV, GTA IV tried to be too gritty and realistic in my opinion.

It's a bit different than GTA in my opinion, the same but very different. If you can get it for a good price I'd definitely get it.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed May 26, 2010 8:18 pm

i might take a look then
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am

Rent it if your not sure, nothings worse than buying a 60$ game only to find out that it sucks. Though I doubt that you'll dislike this one. Also I didn't like GTA 4 much but I am addicted to this game.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Thu May 27, 2010 4:57 am

I always enjoyed GTA for the idea of being able to travel through a major metropolitan, and maybe, if I had had a bad enough day, run around just killing people for the sake of it.
That game was good for that... straight out chaos.

This one does it just sooooo much better. The West is always chaotic but in a Romantic type of way. There's no law or order, well not much of any really. That's how there's so much random violence and ruthlessness in New Austin. But there's a... "structure"... to it (if you'll let me call it that) that gives the game a sense of believability. Therefore, you can really get absorbed into Marston's tale. I mean, even Marston is such a believable character. His story is heartbreaking, drawing you in, and his character is badass with a heart of gold (at least that's how I gather from him). It's one of the top 5 games that I've ever played in my life. And I'd be rather surprised to find anyone say that the very few cons out-weigh the pros.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon May 31, 2010 4:37 pm

was keen to take a look at this, then I found out it's not coming out for PC.

zZz.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Mon May 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Kevlar wrote:was keen to take a look at this, then I found out it's not coming out for PC.

zZz.

What!!! Not at all? - Arhg! - The Darkside is swelling inside me..
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon May 31, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm enjoying MP at the moment.

Must say I was a bit disapointed, I expected more and it is very buggy.
But only just started, level 10 atm.

So tonight I will explore some more multiplayer..... I hope you can play poker online.
(in RDR offcourse)
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon May 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Ruka wrote:What!!! Not at all? - Arhg! - The Darkside is swelling inside me..

Appears to be X360 and PS3.

I'm not too surprised though, generally Rockstar makes console games, then if they are particularly greedy they lazy port it to pc just to earn an extra buck.

Plus from what I gather, it's a semi-shooter game, so can you imagine console players going up against PC gamers? Talk about unfair advantage.

For example when we haxed up our friend's x360 with aftermarket mods so that it could lan GTAIV, he got completely f'ing wasted in deathmatch because he couldn't hit anything quickly without autoaim, where as the pc players were shooting him out of speeding cars and off motorbikes flying through mid-air.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:04 pm

I watched my brother get owned in the multiplayer over and over again by the same guns from other players (who rode black horses and probably had names like "xXxleetpwnz0rsXDLOLHEADSHOTWTFZ0RS!!!11". Makes the multiplayer look really frustrating...

Rockstars games would make terrible PC ports anyway though. It's possible to do right but I still wouldn't play it. Valves games though are way funner on the PC than they are on the console...I use to struggle with Half Life but on the PC I can play the whole game(s) without any difficulty, same with Team Fortress 2, console player vs. pc, Pc player would win. Console TF2 it's impossible to do 360 degree turns really quickly or do rocket jumping or sticky jumping well + sniping is incredibly hard.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:48 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:I watched my brother get owned in the multiplayer over and over again by the same guns from other players (who rode black horses and probably had names like "xXxleetpwnz0rsXDLOLHEADSHOTWTFZ0RS!!!11". Makes the multiplayer look really frustrating...

Rockstars games would make terrible PC ports anyway though. It's possible to do right but I still wouldn't play it. Valves games though are way funner on the PC than they are on the console...I use to struggle with Half Life but on the PC I can play the whole game(s) without any difficulty, same with Team Fortress 2, console player vs. pc, Pc player would win. Console TF2 it's impossible to do 360 degree turns really quickly or do rocket jumping or sticky jumping well + sniping is incredibly hard.

I find that to be the opposite for me I cant sniper very well on the Pc version but on the console I am headshot king, (well I was before I broke my disk) I guess its because I suck at using the keyboard.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 am

I haven't tried sniping enough in a console game I might be exaggerating things a fair bit. Dual Sith
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:34 am

Borrowing this tonight off a mate... Unfortunately my gold membership just ran out though Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 299723
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next