Red Dead Redemption

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post  Bahn Durm on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:11 am

Fenix wrote:Borrowing this tonight off a mate... Unfortunately my gold membership just ran out though

Boooo....
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 am

Just got this a day ago. So far it's a very good game.

I like the subtle way they inject the storyline and finer relationships into the game. During each ride out to a mission site there is a full dialog that really gives insight into each character and the finer relationships between them. I find myself identifying with some of them, but I'm also reminded that they have personality flaws as well. This is a very good way of giving story information without either giving too many cut scenes or too many walls of text.

The environment is also very nice. While it does feel like an empty giant expanse of land I still feel like I could ride off in any direction and find something unique.

I'm also enjoying the weapons although I haven't gotten to the point where I've upgraded much. The slew of side games are also fun. I'm not a great fan of the stiff feel to the controls when riding. Somehow a single horse drawn carriage feels like I have more maneuverability than an actual horse.

This game is looking to be awesome. As long as it has a great story arch to it I don't think I'll be disappointed. However, one thing with Rockstar games tend to get me: repetition of the missions. Here's to hoping they keep it all fresh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:03 am

When it comes to the repetitious quest concern, put it to bed. Rockstar did a great job with making the main storyline quests interesting and diverse. Sure, the bare source of them is the same, but the surrounding situations in which you have them, becomes different. It's really a giant step up from GTA IV. Heck, even the side quests (random events), while very similar and what not, they still have something a bit original to them. While you may say, "Oh, this seems familiar," I doubt that you'll be saying, "Not this &%$@ing thing again!!"
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum