Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latiel

+12
Beadle
Udumbara
Kevlar
Ruka
Dessanar
Mictian
Quinlan Sa'athis
Carlen Darko
Benson
Tyren Vaal
Toranilor
Latiel
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Latiel Empty Latiel

Post  Latiel Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Character Name: Latiel Ristitutar

Gaming Background: I've been gaming for a good portion of my life, I'd say, since my father got my sister and I into video games at a (very) early age. Since then I've become a total nerd, geek, what have you, and I'll play just about anything from a good old RTS (because Starcraft is awesome) to the newest FPS. I would call myself experienced when it comes to gaming, since I've spent countless hours playing games, probably more than I should.

Reason for Applying: Well once upon a time in the early morning, I was chatting with a friend just after I stopped playing World of Warcraft, you know, that extremely addictive MMO that has a ridiculous amount of players? So he asked me if I ever thought about Star Wars: The Old Republic. Of course, my response was, "Only every single day!" then he asked me if I ever thought about joining a guild, and sure I was a bit skeptical about it, since the game isn't out yet. After looking over the website, it seems like this guild is well thought out, and has a certain level of maturity and togetherness that I've come to prefer when choosing guilds. In short, it reminds me of the good old days I spent with the guild SWAT on the MMO Planetside.

Other Forum Names: These days I tend to simply use Latiel, but my older names follow the name of my E-mail address, Thelanis. My TOR forum name is Thelanis, of course, since I just recently switched to Latiel.

Where did you first hear about Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO? Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, a friend told us all of a new MMO being created that would shake the foundations of the internet, ironically he was also wearing robes, and standing on a hilltop with dramatic music playing. In all seriousness, it was from one of my close gaming friends, and we were just sitting around at school killing time when we started talking about World of Warcraft, and he said there was a new Star Wars MMO being made, and this MMO would be different. Of course none of us actually believed him, for all MMOs were the same, (for the most part) but now I for one have changed my view on it, and I am looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Other: I sure did use the abbreviation MMO a lot didn't I. . . ? Surprised
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Latiel Empty Re: Latiel

Post  Toranilor Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Welcome to the forums Latiel!

Be sure to read over our charter and roster if you haven't allready.

As is mandatory amongst recruits, all applicants are pestered with hypothetical questions, both for our amusement and for getting to know you better. =)

So, without further ado, Toran's Hyperpathetical Hypotheticals!;

Question the first;
You are strolling the streets of coruscant when you see a commotion. Black smoke is streaming out of a nearby tunnel, half-suffocated civilians pouring out. Moving closer, you hear cries of "Absolute Inferno!" and "No chance of survival!" amidst the screaming of the public. The nearby emergency controll station is expereincing severe technical difficulties, and in its current condition is unable to resolve the situation. You see a slightly damaged firesuit and fire fighting equipment to the side. They will likely buy you 10 minutes inside the tunnel. Smoke continues to pour out. People are dying.
What do you do?

Question the second;
Choose from the following, and explain your choice;

A thermal detonator and wall adhesive

A very valuable looking but worthless quartz crystal

A fish tank

Question the third;
A sith, a bounty hunter and a disgruntled barman are all looking at you angrily. What happened and how will you diffuse the situation?

Enjoy, and have fun!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Welcome to our forums Latiel. Smile
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Welcome to zee forums Latiel.

Good luck wth Tor's hypo's.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Answer the first;
A slightly damaged firesuit and fire fighting equipment? Naturally I would take said equipment and don the suit to try to save as many people as I can, ten minutes is plenty of time, and if I should die due to the slight damage done to the suit? So be it.

Answer the second;
A thermal detonator and wall adhesive, it is difficult to not resort to violence when diplomacy fails and people begin drawing their weapons, and what better way to survive than making sure the person assaulting you does not? Simply the most useful item in the list from my perspective, and if I find myself in a situation where I won't have to worry about my safety for a long while, I could easily sell the thermal detonator for a handsome amount of credits. Adhesive is never unwelcome, of course. . . I love glue.

Answer the third;
A sith, bounty hunter, and barman are staring at me angrily? I must have simply said something offensive, I am only human, and as such, I make mistakes. Of course I may not be rich, but an apology and a round of drinks (along with a handsome tip) should help clear my name before I bow out and leave the establishment peacefully.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Latiel, first and foremost, welcome to the forums. I hope to come to love what we have built and soon join our esteemed ranks. Now, to my second motive, I would like to use you as a test if you do not mind. We in the Economy Council, who handles recruiting, crafting, and more, are attempting to create better recruitment strategies and stronger ties with new hopefuls. One such idea is to have any new recruit interview an existing member. This is what I would request of you.

Please create 5 to 6 questions you have about life in our guild or personal questions and then find an Elder Council member or Honorary Elder (see the Roster tab) and interview them (via Private Messaging). Then post your results up in this thread as soon as you can.

In advance, thank you for assisting the E.C. in it's endeavors to create a stronger guild and once again, welcome. This will show highly of you to the Elder Council and to me.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Welcome to the forums.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Thank you all for welcoming me, and I will immediately begin working on your request, High Councillor.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh Yay! Hiya Latiel! 8> Welcome to teh forums, glad to see you made an application ;D For your info, if you get accepted (and I really hope you do), we have a Star Wars RP section in case you get bored, hurhur >=D

Oh, and please take the time to read through our charter (Just had to say it, even though I know you've already read it, heh) ^^
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Latiel wrote:Thank you all for welcoming me, and I will immediately begin working on your request, High Councillor.

Be careful, he's been 'testing' alot of new applicants..

And kev has been talking about mind controll.

Otherwise, nice answers to the questions!
Although I'm dissapointed you diddnt take the fish tank. It would have gone great with your glue.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:06 pm

My my, mind control? That's simply preposterous. Testing is simply natural for someone new I would think. Of course, real tests never end, do they? A certain level of compliance is also mandatory from new recruits of course, what would be the point of testing a brick wall that would not sway, nor cooperate?
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Latiel wrote:My my, mind control? That's simply preposterous. Testing is simply natural for someone new I would think. Of course, real tests never end, do they? A certain level of compliance is also mandatory from new recruits of course, what would be the point of testing a brick wall that would not sway, nor cooperate?

They've already gotten to you! *Shouts at sky* NOOO!!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Toranilor wrote:Welcome to the forums Latiel!

Be sure to read over our charter and roster if you haven't allready.

As is mandatory amongst recruits, all applicants are pestered with hypothetical questions, both for our amusement and for getting to know you better. =)

So, without further ado, Toran's Hyperpathetical Hypotheticals!;

Question the first;
You are strolling the streets of coruscant when you see a commotion. Black smoke is streaming out of a nearby tunnel, half-suffocated civilians pouring out. Moving closer, you hear cries of "Absolute Inferno!" and "No chance of survival!" amidst the screaming of the public. The nearby emergency controll station is expereincing severe technical difficulties, and in its current condition is unable to resolve the situation. You see a slightly damaged firesuit and fire fighting equipment to the side. They will likely buy you 10 minutes inside the tunnel. Smoke continues to pour out. People are dying.
What do you do?

Question the second;
Choose from the following, and explain your choice;

A thermal detonator and wall adhesive

A very valuable looking but worthless quartz crystal

A fish tank

Question the third;
A sith, a bounty hunter and a disgruntled barman are all looking at you angrily. What happened and how will you diffuse the situation?

Enjoy, and have fun!

Tor these are actually harder than the ones you gave me lol

glad i applied when i did
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Welcome to OUF Forums Latiel. Latiel 28173
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Toranilor wrote:
Latiel wrote:My my, mind control? That's simply preposterous. Testing is simply natural for someone new I would think. Of course, real tests never end, do they? A certain level of compliance is also mandatory from new recruits of course, what would be the point of testing a brick wall that would not sway, nor cooperate?

They've already gotten to you! *Shouts at sky* NOOO!!
[Evil Laughter]

=P

haha, well. Anways, Welcome to the forums Latiel! =) I liked your app.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm

lol @ Des.

yeah Tor's imagination is rising lately.... Altough the first hypo you received was almost a story on its own.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Benson wrote:lol @ Des.

yeah Tor's imagination is rising lately.... Altough the first hypo you received was almost a story on its own.

yeah but was easier to answer than these lol

these are really random!

fun but random lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forums! I see you're from Minnesota, eh? Ever play any hockey, or were you too busy with games? Are ya from da northern part? I used to be a yooper, myself. Say ya to da UP, eh?

Anyway, I don't know a Darth Vader from a Dark Helmet, so I like to ask more personal questions. You say your father introduced your sister to games? Does he still play? You guys ever play any MP together? Does he school you, or have you exceeded his old school skills?

Tell us something else about yourself ... something not related to games. Most embarrassing moment ... have you started drinking yet ... ever get into a fight with a midget because you told him he forgot his Happy Meal toy on table? Something like that!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, and as for something about myself not related to games, I'm going to have to do some digging to find anything. I never really took to sports, what with my tiny little, weak body. I also never put the effort into exercising, something that I am regretting more and more these days, also something that I have been changing. I enjoy long walks, trudging through the snow and such, eventually that cracking and crunching of snow and ice sounds more tranquil and soothing than just plain irritating.

Let's see here, my most embarrassing moment. . . That's a story that's probably a little inappropriate for the public eye, so I'll skip to a slightly less embarrassing one. I know that everyone, at some point in time has had a song stuck in their head, and one day in class when we were supposed to be quietly drawing, I just happened to begin quietly singing to myself. . . So, of course, I didn't realize it for a good five minutes, and looked up to see everyone staring at me. I can't sing very well, in my opinion, and there you have it, my face was red for about an hour or so afterwards.

Drinking, yes, in fact I have had a few drinks thanks to my sister who is clearly an amazing influence on me (sarcasm intended). In all seriousness, she's a hard worker and is just very fun, good role model overall. Naturally, everyone lets their judgement slip from time to time and I don't plan on drinking at all for a good long while.

As for gaming with my father, I can easily say that my sister and I are much better than he is in general. More specifically, however, he is much better than we are at any Real Time Strategy games. Apart from that little category, I would say that we have surpassed him over the many long hours spent with our eyes glue to the screen.

Other hobbies include writing, of course, since I am a Roleplaying fanatic. Drawing is a new, developing one that I haven't quite grasped yet, but my sister and uncle are helping me through that whenever possible. Gaming above all takes up the most of my time, and I have taken steps to reduce the time spent burning my eyes out of their sockets, such as getting a job, and getting a second job (both part-time). On the other hand, my efforts are for naught, since my schooling is now fully on the internet, giving me a larger amount of free time to use as I please.

I suppose the last part of this speech will address the last of your questions. No, no I have not gotten into a fight with a midget, nor do I ever intend to! I have, however been in my fair share of fights, yet I have never thrown a punch. Whenever I do get into a fight I block, I dodge, I move, I retreat. In real life, I am peaceful, and I believe that causing bodily harm to another human being is just silly, lest the consequence for not doing so is death.

Keep the questions coming folks, I'm willing to answer (almost) anything. =]

-Latiel
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Nice post Latiel,

I'm still suprised by the differences between the USA and my little country.

Like those awesome drinking laws you have. Dont forget to read the intended sarcasm.
But i'm the same, I often plan not to drink for a while..... and I always fail but its the effort that counts I always say. Wink
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Benson wrote:Nice post Latiel,

I'm still suprised by the differences between the USA and my little country.

Like those awesome drinking laws you have. Dont forget to read the intended sarcasm.
But i'm the same, I often plan not to drink for a while..... and I always fail but its the effort that counts I always say. Wink

What little country you from Benson???
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:38 pm

The Netherlands AKA HOLLAND Very Happy
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 am

That's not too far from where I am now, in Finland... Well at least compared to coming from Aus.

Welcome Latiel, I wish my dad was more like yours...
So what plans have you for the future, college? if so what would you study? or would you prefer a pro gaming career?
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 am

Plans for the future? Not too many. I do plan on going into some medical field, so yes, of course I am planning to go to college. As for a pro gaming career? There is no possible way that I am THAT good. I can beat some people at some games, and sure, I devote a lot of time to them, but I think professionalism would take all of the fun out of it. It would be cool to be paid for gaming, sure, but then I couldn't just casually play with my friends without, you know, wiping the floor with them.

Thank you, of course, for the questions, and thank you even more for the warm welcome.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:11 am

Hello, and welcome.

What type of role playing games do you play? Way back in the day, I was really good, even got awards. But the old attage, "use it or loose it" definately applies. Most here on OUF are probably light years ahead of me. No pun intended.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum