Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New site progress.

+8
Dessanar
Tyren Vaal
Illian Amerond
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Bladen
Jacan Na'al
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New site progress. - Page 2 Empty Re: New site progress.

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:57 am

Illian the same thing happened to me when using Google Chrome, so I entered my password and did the Captcha in Internet Explorer then relogged in on Google Chrome and there was no Captcha and I could log in fine.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:44 am

I am looking into the Google Chrome issue, cannot guarantee I can fix it though.

TBH I don't understand why things are different between browsers.

Also, I do not know why the captcha doesn't work.

Try the forgot password method if you have trouble logging in.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

That's odd. . . I just went through and clicked through the site, everything seems to be working fine on Chrome for me. Logged in and out a few times and never had a problem.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:11 pm

MMMMmmm... ya always assume I did all the basic trouble shooting for any thing before I post it here Very Happy I have been in the Help Desk industry for over 14 years >.< noting is more annoying than competent people belly aching over simple things then trying to make it look like its your own fault.

In other related news, I browsed there on my laptop using IE the same login squishy issue persisted, once I cleared the Cache and temporary internet files it cleared up, so likely what changes you made fixed the squished look.

I also found a site running the VoIP spy that will plug into the PHP with ease: http://www.drow.org/news/ it says Thumpers from Guild Launch but I have not been able to locate it at this min. I will try to find the code link for use if you still need it. It works for any given VoIP and displays on the page as you see there.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 pm

I made a vid showing the elements I am talking about. I tried to use the mouse to highlight the content as I stepped through it.

https://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/master222jinx/Google%20Maps%20Tutorial/?action=view¤t=ElementsinGoogleChrome.mp4

I also found an alternative frame work you may enjoy Very Happy

http://www.gantry-framework.org/ It fully supports Jommla and is used in various sites like this one:

http://www.militarygamers.com/

I hope this helps in the process Very Happy

Cheers
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:25 am

We aren't using Joomla, only phpBB3 atm.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am

Illian Amerond wrote:I also tried to log in with my credentials from this site but I assume I still need to register >.< so I will do that now.

Don't use this sites login details, use the login details you used on the old oufholo.net.

One of the main reasons we left this site is that we only have access/control over basic aspects of the site and no access to the database at all, so all these posts and users are separate.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 am

I was looking at the site a few days ago and there was the option to change the layout. Since some people seem to really like the one here, maybe make it an option.
Tried to login today but it said I have exceeded the maximum attempts and then when requesting password I am not authorised for that.
Using the Firefox 4.0 beta11
New site progress. - Page 2 Screen10
There is a little black bar at the top.
I think the new background looks great. Maybe stick an uninterrupted image of the logo at the top right with all of the forum, register, login buttons and maybe a link to the wiki when you get round to it.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladen Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 am

Bladen wrote:Here is my screen shot. I have Windows 7 and Firefox.

New site progress. - Page 2 Ss

Did anyone even notice my Batman header :P
Bladen
Bladen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:32 am

Beadle wrote:I was looking at the site a few days ago and there was the option to change the layout. Since some people seem to really like the one here, maybe make it an option.
It is certainly possible, but the amount of time it takes to set up a theme is intense and so multiple theme options is something for later consideration (after we have one working perfectly with all the features we want).
Beadle wrote:Tried to login today but it said I have exceeded the maximum attempts and then when requesting password I am not authorised for that.
Sorry, I can't figure out why it's doing that.
Beadle wrote:There is a little black bar at the top.
Yea, I have been trying to figure out why and remove it, no luck yet though.
Beadle wrote:I think the new background looks great. Maybe stick an uninterrupted image of the logo at the top right with all of the forum, register, login buttons and maybe a link to the wiki when you get round to it.
Don't quite get what you mean re:"uninterrupted image".
There is no wiki on the site yet (we are on new hosting) but that is easy to do and so I am not worrying about it yet.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
Illian Amerond wrote:I also tried to log in with my credentials from this site but I assume I still need to register >.< so I will do that now.

Don't use this sites login details, use the login details you used on the old oufholo.net.

One of the main reasons we left this site is that we only have access/control over basic aspects of the site and no access to the database at all, so all these posts and users are separate.

can you reset my credentials I forgot the other sites login info >.<
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:14 pm

The site now seems to work for me on every browser, also do we need to install this Phpbb3 thing to access the site or something?

Bladen wrote:

I was too busy noticing your 'Pirate Bay' and 'Kickass torrents' bookmarks hehe.
I have a Harry Potter header for Firefox and I've forgotten why I even picked it or how long ago I picked it. Dual Sith
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm working on it atm.

phpbb is the forum software.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladen Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:The site now seems to work for me on every browser, also do we need to install this Phpbb3 thing to access the site or something?

Bladen wrote:

I was too busy noticing your 'Pirate Bay' and 'Kickass torrents' bookmarks hehe.
I have a Harry Potter header for Firefox and I've forgotten why I even picked it or how long ago I picked it. Dual Sith

Yeah I've had the Batman thing forever. I download a lot of torrents of my favorite bands and new bands to listen too lol
Bladen
Bladen

Back to top Go down

Post  Inspired Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:37 pm

This cloudy space blue is alright. Compression artifacts make it look yuck though.
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I like the direction this one is going in Very Happy

Looks sleek and stealthy, two of my favorite words!
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladen Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Ok so now when I check the site it says "Game Crusade" and it is some forum explaining how do something
Bladen
Bladen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:46 am

Its a new template called Game Crusade, I am working through changing the core features atm when I have time.

What is "Compression artifacts" Inspired? Those cloudy blue space is from the TOR site.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:43 am

so were back to the 'you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to log into this account' bs again...
no matter what combination of Illian Amerond I use it keeps telling me the same dumb ass message...
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:47 am

Oh, you registered on an empty forum, when I imported the old user database again it would have overwritten the new user you created.

Since you can't remember your login details from the old oufholo.net then I will set a password for you and PM it to you at these forums Illian.

Can do the same for anyone else that is having trouble as well BTW.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:45 am

I'm sorry I left all that stuff for you to handle Jacan. The situation got out of hand in the States with my parents, so I took my daughter to Colorado to visit some other family. Anyway, we got back a week ago, but between the time change, having to go back to work, and dealing with my daughter who had since become a daddy's girl, my ass is wound up so tight when I fart only dogs can hear it (love that quote).

Anyway, PM me or email me what I can do to help again.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 pm

New site changed? avatars are now right justified?
What I meant before was when it was with the cool flame background, the OUF crest was somewhat obscured by all the cool graphics, I was thinking it would be nice to have just the straight crest somewhere on the top of the page like among the forum and home links but on the emptier side.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:21 am

No worries Udu, I have learnt very fast while getting things where they are now. Currently perfecting my html5 skills building the roster/history/charter and rank pages while I wait for Kev who is working on a header banner.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:35 am

Beadle wrote:New site changed? avatars are now right justified?

Avatar justification is a simple tweak and had not been given any thought yet. I prefer it on the left as well and when I get around to it will just set it left since it is what we are all used to.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 am

I am after testers, just want you to go to the site and log in and then PM me there all the menu (navigation bar) links you can see including the dropdown ones and also what sections of the forum you can see.

If you can't log in then PM me here and I will create a temporary password for you then PM it back to you here.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum