Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status of the Project

2 posters

Go down

Status of the Project Empty Status of the Project

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 pm

The game project is currently on hold. When I started this project I was but a wee Chancellor in the JC. Now I'm running the JC show and have that extra bit of Elder duties, so all of my past OUF free time is now spent on those activities. Plus, I hit a wall with the project.

Basically I became bogged down in the modeling phase. Each 3D model that the game is going to use needs to be modeled correctly for use in the engine. Modeling (and art for that matter) are not my areas of expertise. Figure this in with my lack of time and you see why the project hit a wall.

So this is what I'll do, I'll post all the content from the wiki over here and anyone that wants to pick up with it can be my guest.

Back to top Go down

Status of the Project Empty Re: Status of the Project

Post  Latiel Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 pm

You said you were using Blender to make the models in previous threads, yes? I've played around with it a bit, and I'm sure with a little practice and some concept art to look at I'd be able to make some decent models for you. 'Course I'm not very good in the whole programming department, so that'd be up to someone else. I'd also be happy to draw whatever is necessary for the project, because lord knows I need practice drawing.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bah'Rask Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:11 pm

As I said before, I would like to try and help with the art if you believe I'm up to it.
Bah'Rask
Bah'Rask

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Yep. Blender is one of the programs I was using. Others include 3DS Max and Maya, although those are expensive programs. Modeling is only half of the work though, animating the models can be tough. There is also the problem of importing those models into the Unreal Engine and it is a bit harder to do with Blender. I promise that if anyone gets a model complete with textures, animation, and collision that I will get it imported into the Unreal engine.

As for concept art, just about everything needs modeled. The droids are really the only thing drawn up at this stage and you can take a look at them in the Update 6 thread. Like I was saying though, everything needs done.

My advice is to read through the story. Find a part in the story where you can really picture how the scene looks and what the objects or people look like in your head and begin modeling. There really isn't any rules here and anything will be used.

I actually considered modeling stick figures for the game so I could move forward with it then come back later and redo the models. I think the members of OUF would enjoy playing a custom game they helped build than caring about the quality.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Bah'Rask wrote:As I said before, I would like to try and help with the art if you believe I'm up to it.

Just take a look at the story in the game information thread and start drawing some of the characters that you see in your head. The project is pretty much a blank slate here with a very basic short story. The characters are yours to create.

Hell.. if you want to draw concept art for a storage container that sits in the hallway in the game then go for it. These are the kinds of things that will be easier to do. Then work your way up to the more complex things such as the characters and environments.

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Alrighty, I'll start trying do draw out some ideas on SAI until I can get back to my sketch pad. Not going to be able to do anything useful on Blender until I get home to my laptop though, I hardly ever get to use this computer, and the .jpgs can just be uploaded to photobucket for me to use later. xD
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down