Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Speak 3

+14
Eokurios
Rebel Marksman
Rale Onsari
Jeme'Maer
Jacan Na'al
Jasterk Staren
Mictian
zephyr
Tyren Vaal
Dragon
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kevlar
Illian Amerond
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Team Speak 3 Empty Team Speak 3

Post  Illian Amerond Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 am

am hosing an open to the public of OUF members, applicants and ambassidors server today for all to use at thier leisure. I will appoint server admin priviledges to senior members of the OUF so they can create channels, set priviledges and ban people as needed.
Currently the log in information is as follows:
Address: 98.246.60.217
Port: 9987
Nick: your forum name will do
password: none is currently used may change once launch approaches.

download the client at: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Some basic trouble shooting:
1. set the program to run as administrator so you can use it while in any full screen program (like Allods Online)
2. set a push to talk key please... most of our systems can hear ourselves over your speakers >.<
3. feel free to provide feedback please, the codex and bandwith can still be changed ALOT so lets get it right before launch ^.^

Last edited by Illian Amerond on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Team Speak 3 Empty Re: Team Speak 3

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:31 am

where are you hosting the teamspeak server? are you hosting it personally?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:34 am

Yes I have Kitty which is a small Linux server in my closet lol
it runs pretty much 24 hrs a day unless I need to reset to clear garbage from the ftp stuff I have running on it, so like once every few weeks it goes down for 10 minutes so I can clean out the dust and get it back online.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am

That's fantastic! =D
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am

You are my new favorite member Illian! haha
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:36 am

HAHA Bravo Illian!
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 am

I haven't used team speak in ages (vol 2 only). Most people have switch to vent. How is TS3 compared to vent? I know an answer could be to download client and find out. But hey this is easier.
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 am

I'll check it out in just a sec.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm

There are currently 4 of us sitting in it. Though me and Jacan are mostly just lurking =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:55 pm

I went onto one of the official english servers and they told me my microphone didn't work at all which people on STEAM have actually told me a few days ago...I also briefly went onto the OUF server for like seven seconds lol. I'll see if I can get it fixed....
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  zephyr Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

have you ever thought about using Mumble instead?

I've been using it a bit and it seems like a decent alternative to ventrilo/team speak

plus it's open source

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
zephyr
zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Very nice Illian Team Speak 3 28173 (Y)
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Dragon wrote:I haven't used team speak in ages (vol 2 only). Most people have switch to vent. How is TS3 compared to vent? I know an answer could be to download client and find out. But hey this is easier.

Since their big debackal with version 2 they reporgrammed the whole suite with Python, now it supports Mac and Windows/Linux. Currently I have a License that allows up to 500 connections per server and I have 1 server license.

As far as quality, I can adjust the Codex and Bandwidth to optimize for overseas connections to my US server Node. In the end I will ask for feedback from all who live outside the US to tell me how the software sounds to them.

Adjusting the Bandwidth allows for a narrow sample of the human voice, makes it crisp and more military like, however, it also allows for a really low ping and allmost no feedback. This higer the Bandwidth the more 'Quality' of voice but the latency of the Voip quickly climbs over 200 mls at about 3/4ths the way up.

The main reason I have chosen Team Speak 3 is because like all VoIP clinets the ability to 1 protect your server and 2 manage permissions are a pain in the arse. TS3 makes this process very easy. Otherwise I would use Mumble and script my permissions like I did in EvE Online.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 pm

so far I like TS3 the best out of all the VoIP programs I've seen yet to date. That is personal opinion though.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:00 pm

zephyr wrote:have you ever thought about using Mumble instead?

I've been using it a bit and it seems like a decent alternative to ventrilo/team speak

plus it's open source

[url=http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/[/quote[/url]]

This was my primary server for many years, It is easy to use and has quite a great following for support and bug assistance. The voice quality quickly declines and clinets often drop off my server when you do alot of international traffic so I chose a more stable program for international connections. Team Speak 3 is allmost identical to Mumble at its core but has a more windows feel to its interface. Mumble supports alot more codexs yet we are not watching cam girls >.< so I will be using the 16 bit or 32 bit ones pre installed for TS3 to give us a more military communications feel.

If in the future we all find that TS3 is not a viable option this is the software I would suggest as a fall back.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Illian Amerond wrote:we are not watching cam girls >.<

=(
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Sad Sad Sad
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Illian Amerond wrote:we are not watching cam girls >.<

=(

Allright you find the girls, I will bring the cams, and somone else has to buy the beer...
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 am

I have been on this TS3 with Illian, Kevlar and Eokorios (sp? lol...) and it was very clear, easy to use and it looked pretty lol.

Seems very stable too so I see it as a good choice.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 am

hmm, this teamspeak intrigues me...From the reviews from you all its probably better than my experience with vent...
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rale Onsari Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:25 am

idk in my experince teamspeak is far inferior to ventrilo in quality and accescibility
Rale Onsari
Rale Onsari

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:31 am

Let me break it down in guy talk... ladies probably want to skip this one Wink

Teams Speak was like the country trailer park girl who was barefoot and pregnant untill she got arrested in version 2 and sent to prison. While in prison she found god, cleaned up her act, got a few tatoos and did aerobics every day till she had a bomb ass body and looks to kill. All that time she was educating herself and bettering her self image to be the best damn woman she could be... and was released from prison a new woman as version 3

Ventrillo is still the cheap hooker on 87th turning tricks to the streets for her crack and eating her meals at the local mission...

nuff said >.<
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 am

WOW...its so funny how that makes so much sense. Kudos on that explanation.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:48 am

Illian Amerond wrote:Let me break it down in guy talk... ladies probably want to skip this one Wink

Teams Speak was like the country trailer park girl who was barefoot and pregnant untill she got arrested in version 2 and sent to prison. While in prison she found god, cleaned up her act, got a few tatoos and did aerobics every day till she had a bomb ass body and looks to kill. All that time she was educating herself and bettering her self image to be the best damn woman she could be... and was released from prison a new woman as version 3

Ventrillo is still the cheap hooker on 87th turning tricks to the streets for her crack and eating her meals at the local mission...

nuff said >.<

Thank you for putting that in layman's term or I would still be lost lol. Team Speak 3 21677
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rale Onsari Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:44 am

then again i havent used teamspeak in awhile so
Rale Onsari
Rale Onsari

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content