Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Price Check

+7
Benson
Jeme'Maer
Arashi
Kevlar
Quinlan Sa'athis
Jasterk Staren
Udumbara
11 posters

Go down

Computer Price Check Empty Computer Price Check

Post  Udumbara Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:43 am

I know many of you are computer gurus ... I'm not. What's your opinion on this computer.

Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU
Intel DX58SO Socket LGA1366 Motherboard
Corsair TX750W 750W Power Supply
Corsair Dominator 3072MB PC15000 DDR3 1866MHz
BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC 1GB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI
Seagate 1.5TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G
Western Digital Raptor 10,000RPM 160Gig Harddrive

All for $660 US.

Good, bad, so-so?
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Computer Price Check Empty Re: Computer Price Check

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:25 am

Thats a pretty amazing deal!

I'de take anything with 2.66 ghz and a GTX 280.

Thats about what my 1600$ computer is, only slightly better because i put a 1000wat power supply in it and a 320 gig harddrive. I would say go for it though, you can pretty much run any game on full graphics with no lag on that machine im talking crysis on full graphics absolutely everything with shit blowing up and tons of crap going on wont lag that, the only upgrade I would do is maybe put it another thousand megabytes of ram and DDR3 is pretty cheap.

But that is a really really good computer for a price like that.

Oh i just noticed the 750W power supply, thats a good thing it will keep you're computer from over heating and its powerful enough to run that GTX 280 which is better then my 260 only im using a 1000wat.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:30 am

Thats a very good price for those specs.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 am

Yeah at first I was like, hmm.

Then I looked again and I was like, damn, that is pretty decent for those specs.

You could probably build something similar for cheaper, but you'd have to hunt up the parts yourself and look for the best prices.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks for the advice ... I'll go ahead and buy this for my little brother then! Wish it were for me, but I'm still controlling myself until my baby girl gets a bit older!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:44 am

Looks like a good deal. Does it come with an OS?
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 am

Arashi wrote:Looks like a good deal. Does it come with an OS?

Hey there Arashi! It came with an illegitimate copy of Windows 7 ... I'll leave that moral question for my brother to decide!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:21 am

Well if your buying it for him surely he can afford the OS heh. Good find though. I just done installing a water cooler for my processor. With the stock heat sink and fan it was going up to 80 Celsius while running Intel Burn test. Now is runs it at 50 Celsius! I know that has nothing to do with your computer, but I had to tell someone.

Korea still treating you well?
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Arashi wrote:Well if your buying it for him surely he can afford the OS heh. Good find though. I just done installing a water cooler for my processor. With the stock heat sink and fan it was going up to 80 Celsius while running Intel Burn test. Now is runs it at 50 Celsius! I know that has nothing to do with your computer, but I had to tell someone.

Korea still treating you well?

Hopefully you're still around when TOR comes out to help me purchase a computer for myself!

Yes, Korea is still being very good to me. Too good, in fact, as it is making me busier and busier at a time when I wish to spend more with my family. I've always said having a father's presence in a child's life is priceless, but the reality of it is it's never easy to conciously decrease your yearly income. There are worse things to be complaining about, though, so I take it in stride. Maybe when she starts talking I will make the tough decisions.

How about you? School going well? Family doing good?
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Sounds like a good computer, I looked up some of the systems and they look very top notch. You are getting a good price for what you are paying for!

Hey Arashi! long time no see.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 pm

That indeed is a nice price.

Makes me regret the 1600 euro's aka around 2000 dollars I spent for my pc..
But thats already more then a year ago...
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Bah'Rask Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Well, I'm basically retarded when it comes to computers, but I might be able to help. I have a friend who bought a 500$ comp from target, and it is enough to play most games. So if that somehow helps you find a price range, I hope it does. As I said, I'm not all that tech savvy, but I want to help.
Bah'Rask
Bah'Rask

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Holy crap Benson haha
I am perfectly fine with a laptop Computer Price Check 303161
Mine is already 2 years old though so I think I might buy a new one, it's startin to get tight on space.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:30 am

Do you think You'll be able to play TOR on a laptop, I know the thing I'm using can't run TF2 so... Ah well, by then I'll be back with my tower and get a new processor cause I really need one Very Happy
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bah'Rask Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 am

Laptops usually aren't all that great for gaming, but that's just my opinion. personally I really struggle when using one, especially if it doesn't have a mouse. I know of a few laptops that can play TF2 alright, and our laptop is able to play WoW, not very well, but it plays. For TOR, I'm not sure how a common gaming laptop would handle. Until more specs are available via the beta, I don't think a real judgement can be made. I suspect that it would be possible, since being an MMO the graphics won't be a real issue, just the quantity of characters and players will be.
Bah'Rask
Bah'Rask

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 am

I have a laptop which I've been told is able to run even games like Crysis well...yet to try it however.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Hopefully you're still around when TOR comes out to help me purchase a computer for myself!

Yes,
Korea is still being very good to me. Too good, in fact, as it is
making me busier and busier at a time when I wish to spend more with my
family. I've always said having a father's presence in a child's life
is priceless, but the reality of it is it's never easy to conciously
decrease your yearly income. There are worse things to be complaining
about, though, so I take it in stride. Maybe when she starts talking I
will make the tough decisions.

How about you? School going well? Family doing good?

Glad to hear it! I'd be happy to help you with a computer purchase when TOR comes out. It's a lot of fun looking around and piecing one together. School is soaking up all my free time. My family is doing great though.
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum