Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everyone in his own starship..

+9
Eokurios
Filipe Barro
TikkiMik
Rghis
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Tyren Vaal
Dessanar
Jacan Na'al
Benson
13 posters

Go down

everyone in his own starship.. Empty everyone in his own starship..

Post  Benson Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 pm

So yesterday I was surfing the net looking for any info about TOR...

And there it was, every player has its own spaceship and it works the same way as in KOTOR. So no space gameplay for us.....atleast not at launch but that was to be expected.

Your ship serves purely as a transport vessel or maybe more like a mobile base...
Starter ships, think in terms like the sith intercepter and the corellian... ehhh damn forgot. Have to look that up again.

anyways what are your thoughts on this?
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

everyone in his own starship.. Empty Re: everyone in his own starship..

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Benson wrote:So no space gameplay for us.....atleast not at launch but that was to be expected

That is an assumption and not confirmed or denied yet.

Yes we all get our own starship that will be our base of operations but in the video i watched from E3 nothing was said about space combat or flight.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:36 pm

IF I am honest I think it makes sence to have an upgradable ship as a home and from a financial sence it will probably be an expansion set after launch to creat additional revenue like SWG.

I wont have a problem with that as surely there will be enough going on surface side to keep us entertained for a few months and if they take the space side out of it or launch it will be launched quicker
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:56 pm

[quote="Jacan Na'al
That is an assumption and not confirmed or denied yet.

Yes we all get our own starship that will be our base of operations but in the video i watched from E3 nothing was said about space combat or flight.[/quote]

Ha, the info came of a Dutch gaming site. So the news was translated and the translator made the assumption we won't get space combat at launch, altough he writed it as confrimed news. Anyway 1000 to 1 that there will be no space combat... (my own thinking)

Altough my hopes are that there will be space combat, that would be really epic.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:38 pm

I think it's good if Bioware doesn't add space combat because at least they won't stuff up the game and will have the time to add lots more content to the game.

Space combat would be fun to participate in though and would make for an interesting expansion, and even if they don't add it at launch/vanilla SWTOR then they could even try making some sort of turret minigame or something, those were totally awesome.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 am

I completely agree Tyren Vaal, I looked forward to that mini game everytime I traveled to a new planet everyone in his own starship.. 303161
Although I wouldn't mind if they set up raids in space, where we have to shoot our way through some fighters to board an enemy vessel or something like that, drop in like those troopers on the gameplay video on the SWTOR site.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Rghis Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 am

Yeah, i liked the minigames as well, but they got a bit to repetitive. It seemed that the ships just moved around you. It would be much better if your ship evaded their shots and the enemies shot more often or were more numerous.
Rghis
Rghis

Back to top Go down

everyone in his own starship.. Empty Re:SpaceShip

Post  TikkiMik Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 am

Dessanar wrote:IF I am honest I think it makes sence to have an upgradable ship as a home and from a financial sence it will probably be an expansion set after launch to creat additional revenue like SWG.

I wont have a problem with that as surely there will be enough going on surface side to keep us entertained for a few months and if they take the space side out of it or launch it will be launched quicker

I would have to agree with you though i hope that you will be able to personalize your ships by either guild or some sort of faction,and lol space cruising.

Tikki
TikkiMik
TikkiMik

Back to top Go down

Post  Filipe Barro Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:44 pm

I could see them doing all sorts of things with each introduced expansion especially if they take the time to play out each one before a new expansion is released much like WoW does, as opposed to rushed like EQ 1&2, and sadly SWG. New classes, additions to character stories, ship upgrades, with perhaps eventually ship based pvp for those so inclined. But yes the idea of having a ship of your own that I can imagine is likely upgradeable later on(they didnt say the ones they showed were going to be the only ones did they?). TOR has a lot of options all the other MMOs dont have besides WoW and that is what sets them up to possibly be the number 2 MMO on the market very quickly if done right.

Do i think TOR has the chance to take it to number one.... honestly no. There is not enough of a fan base in star wars willing to pony up the money to play it to make up the difference and not enough people leaving other MMOs. WoW will still be King, but TOR will be the prince waiting for the king to die.
Filipe Barro
Filipe Barro

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 pm

WoW is already dead. People just don't know it yet.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:52 pm

WoW already died somewhere post burning crusades. At this point it's simply awaiting burial, at the moment it is just shambling around like a festering zombie (or arisen if you like) waiting for a lightsaber to come along and remove it's head, then a trooper in powered armor to reduce it to ash with his heavy repeating blaster.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:00 pm

....... then a spacemarine walks by mistaking the ash for something else and snorts it up after wich a behemoth stamps on the spacemarine while he gets shot by 16 lone wanderers trying to do a raid....
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:10 pm

wha?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:14 pm

just adding some more MMO's that should be better then wow when they arrive.

Maybe there cake in it for you if you can guess what MMO's... everyone in his own starship.. 890939
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Yeah but watching the E3 trailer for the 40K mmo it didn't actually look very good, in my opinion anyway.
And how do you balance an Imperial trooper vs a Spess Marine...
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 pm

There would be no balance, the space marine has a chainsaw!

But anyways, I can see that Bioware has added quite a few areas which they could add now or later with this being implemented. For all we know you may have two usable ships; Your home ship, and your fighter craft. While your home ship is expansive (as it is shown) like the Ebon Hawk in KOTOR, your star fighter craft will be a one/two manned (depending on whether you could have a companion as a co-pilot) craft that may either relate to your faction, or just as something you could buy or craft.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:45 am

That's chainsword to you Jeme, and I'm really hoping that you're not stuck with only a transport ship. I'd rather not have any companion characters sticking around on my main, and just use a fighter to get around. Never wanted a YT-2000 or any other transport ship after we decked one out and killed a star destroyer with it. . . In the Starwars RPG that is.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down