Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Video

+10
Gerard Halcyon
Jalen Lojed
Dessanar
Jasterk Staren
Kevlar
Darka
Beadle
Benson
Tyren Vaal
Jacan Na'al
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Combat Video Empty Combat Video

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 am

Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Combat Video Empty Re: Combat Video

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm

The combat looks good. It seems really fluid and very non-stop.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm

oh my.....
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 pm

So is everyone going to be crowd control then?
It looks pretty good, especially some of the force powers.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:43 am

Was impressed with the Jedi
Looked alrite in some areas, but others still need a touch up.
I like the way they hinted at the combat, but tried to give the best way to show it with out making it look too staged.
Its good to see what has been talked and read about actually in action, the characters looked like they were from star wars.
The Jedi cloak/armour combo looked smooth and impressive, while the appearance of the Sith characters looked dark and powerful, the lightsabers look a little "dark"
Humans still are horrible
And a final note, the combat looked like Star Wars, the attacks and abilities are what we associate with star wars, rather then the standard style of MMO attacks, the slash slash poke poke.
The combat animations add flavour far beyond what i have seen in other MMOs,
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 am

I like how they pointed out that the gameplay will be more like you are the boss of the instance and the mobs are the players =P hahaha.

For once I'd like to be the tough guy, not the tinitiny players poking at this giant monster.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:14 am

When I join all the npcs are going to be like "lfm tyren vaal raid"
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:18 am

Im amazed at the blaster deflection, looks nice and smooth and the saber combat is quite impressive for an MMO. You actually block the strikes.

Cant wait to be a smuggler!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 am

Character models still look funny, but that doesn't really matter. Considering switching from Trooper to smuggler now. Hmm...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:Character models still look funny, but that doesn't really matter. Considering switching from Trooper to smuggler now. Hmm...
Don't abandon us :P
Also I think the Bounty Hunter gear, particularly helmets looked pretty cool. Therefore Trooper gear should look equally cool because they wear the same type of armour... maybe.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:43 pm

with things like this being released it just makes me more eager to get my hands on this.

It looks so fluent whilst keeping the star wars theme and movement alive
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, my first reply after seeing the video was not much. But that was because I wanted to see it at home first in al its glory.

And I must say It looks so much better then I thought. I very much like this visually active combat. Especially things like fiddling with the settings of your rifle to deliver a powerfull blast.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 pm

The combat looks good, but now I'm confused. If we get to use most of our abliities right at the start what is the skill tree for.
In all gaming half the fun is leveling and getting new abilities.

I'm also worried that all the classes will just be a genaric stamp of one another. Some having range some close combat.

The skill tree will be the only thing giving some varity to players in the same class. I'm really hoping for a very diverse skill tree.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 am

I agree with a few of you. I am having issues with the character modeling, and the skill trees. I want to be able to meet another consular, but I wanna be able to dominate someone's mind and use lots of force abilities in combat while he is ALL about offensive Force abilities and healing.

They've still got a year so, they better polish this thing up or I'm going to turn to SWG... Hopefully the PRE-CU emulators will be online then...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:10 pm

SWG pre CU was awesome I was off work for about a year with a serious injury and I lived on SWG at the Time.

Let me know when you have any more info on this would you?
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:00 pm

I've watched this video a few times and I gotta say that I really love what they're doing with the combat look and feel. I can't wait to see how the mechanics of battle turn out (stats, abilities, etc). I am really starting to look passed the art style, and dare I say that it's even growing on me. Therefore, I'm seeing that Bioware, once again, is starting to really produce a game in which the content becomes so strong that it can absorb you (leading you to ignore some of the smaller things that may annoy you; character models). In terms of the flow of battle, I can see where some people on the TOR forums can have gripes about the flow and the "Standing Still" of battle, but it's a video game. Heck, it's a video game that is an MMO. They're putting a hell of a lot of content into this monster (and they're still a year, or more?, out from release) and people still will piss and moan about the smallest detail.
Frankly, I'm impressed with what I'm seeing so far. Others have said so I'm repeating it: the battles actually look like Star Wars, not an MMO. That's the important part for me and I honestly believe that this latest video proves that Bioware is willing to, and definitely will, deliver.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:18 am

Well said.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

I've got the feelings their going to do a grand job on class balance. From looking at those videos. Everyone has a advantage and disadvange.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Thalos wrote:I've got the feelings their going to do a grand job on class balance. From looking at those videos. Everyone has a advantage and disadvange.

I couldnt agree more the one thing I was scared of was force classes being all powerfull them in a patch them being wipped down and made to weak and them constantly playing with the balance as we saw with Tempest of Set's in AOC.

the actual moves these guys are performing and the skills they are using are right out of the SW universe and really fit in.

you can really tell bioware are going to make an awesome game that will pull in so many people from other mmo's I really cant wait for Beta release and got everything crossed i am lucky enough to catch a ride
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm

I feel I didn't convey my actual take on the video. After multiple viewings, I am starting to follow how deep the moves and abilities go. The battles will truly be awesome, but I'd like to see things tightened up a bit more. All in all, I like what I see!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Gerard Halcyon wrote:I feel I didn't convey my actual take on the video. After multiple viewings, I am starting to follow how deep the moves and abilities go. The battles will truly be awesome, but I'd like to see things tightened up a bit more. All in all, I like what I see!

can you imagine how cool raids are going to be????
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaranceSH Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:21 pm

I plan on making my first a Jedi Knight but that chain gun looking weapon for the trooper looked awesome. Makes me think of a heavy weapons guy from team fortress
ClaranceSH
ClaranceSH

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:20 pm

ClaranceSH wrote:I plan on making my first a Jedi Knight but that chain gun looking weapon for the trooper looked awesome. Makes me think of a heavy weapons guy from team fortress

"Oh my God, who touched Sasha? Alright.... WHO TOUCHED MY GUN?!"
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:39 am

Omm nom nom...
Sandvich make me strong!
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:25 am

I am really liking the combat, it seems fluid and less pincushion than other mmo's. What I do not like though(this seems pretty minor) is that the droids do not explode or get cut whenever the lightsaber cuts them in half. Other than that the combat was very detailed and original...more variety than what I have also seen in many other mmo's

All in all I loved this video!
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next