Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Stories?

+3
Toranilor
Jasterk Staren
Aurora Antares
7 posters

Go down

Back Stories? Empty Back Stories?

Post  Aurora Antares Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 am

What's the general concensus about back stories? Good idea, bad idea?

Say if someone was to be very bored at work and decided to write one, would you be interested in reading it?
Aurora Antares
Aurora Antares

Back to top Go down

Back Stories? Empty Re: Back Stories?

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:27 am

The RP section has a character thread FULL of character backstories but they are currently being transfered to the OUF Wiki which has a link located on the right side of this site, you can read the ones still here or go there and read some, I encourage you to participate in the Roleplaying section and right a backstory.

I my self have written a few short stories and put them in the Fan Creations section along with quite a few stories written by other members here, and they are certainly read by a large majority of the members.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 pm

It'd be awesome to read a backstory to Aurora's character. Just create a page on the wiki and write, post up here when you're done.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurora Antares Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 am

Just may do that... although the way I write, I'm talking about a novel here, haha my old english teacher would be proud.
Aurora Antares
Aurora Antares

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 am

always good to understand each other more and another writter in the rps will help spice things up
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rghis Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:27 am

yeah, I havent really been involved in RPs since I just joined but ive already been cooking up a background story for my character. Where would I put it?
Rghis
Rghis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am

There is a whole thread in the Member's section full of Character Bio's and their Backstories.

But if you story is in a kind of shortstory format, the best place for it is probably in the fan creations section, with the heading
"Story: [story name here]"
Then post a summarized version in your character bio.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rghis Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks!
I've also been trying to find a good avatar, but my drawing skill makes this text look like a masterful abstract work. Back Stories? 21677
Rghis
Rghis

Back to top Go down

Post  Filipe Barro Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 am

Chances are good that I would be making two character backstories one for my Sith, one for my Smuggler I will likely be making. Perhaps after I have been playing around with it for awhile I will look into making one for each of my eventual 8 characters.
Filipe Barro
Filipe Barro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down