Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genocide and Jedi

+6
Dessanar
Benson
Jeme'Maer
Jalen Lojed
Rygal Blaqk
Toranilor
10 posters

Go down

Genocide and Jedi Empty Genocide and Jedi

Post  Toranilor Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 am

Hey everyone.

There's a pretty cool interview at Ars Technica with Daniel Erickson, lead writer of SWTOR.

Says some pretty interesting stuff!

Last edited by Toranilor on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Genocide and Jedi Empty Re: Genocide and Jedi

Post  Rygal Blaqk Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:31 am

Interesting..

So in a way.. I will be a bad guy..

Makes it easier to stay Jedi.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:07 am

Good info. After reading a good number of Star Wars books I came to this very conclusion. The Jedi are not always the good guys. Fortunately Luke Skywalker didn't have the Jedi to mess with his mind, he figured most of it out on his own.
Politics and power a Jedi does not crave yet in a war they are.
Oooh my, don't get me started. No one else will have anything to post.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:15 am

Please continue Jalen, im keen to learn. Smile
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 am

I have always thought that too many of one kind, whether Jedi or Sith is bad for the balance. When the Jedi had overwhelming power and had almost eradicated the Sith, they were almost ready for a full governmental takeover with all the power they had amassed.

When the Sith had full control and the Jedi were almost eradicated the Sith took control of the that power and abused it...which they continued to do until they were subdued by a Jedi rise.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Hmm this brings up a question.

Ouf embraces light and dark but how do we stand on the feelings part.
Is a jedi of our order allowed to get married or any of those things forbidden by the jedi order.

BTW dont read that I want TOR to be anything like the sims just for background information.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Benson wrote:Hmm this brings up a question.

Ouf embraces light and dark but how do we stand on the feelings part.
Is a jedi of our order allowed to get married or any of those things forbidden by the jedi order.

BTW dont read that I want TOR to be anything like the sims just for background information.

In the new Jedi books marriages are allowed adns o are children. Infact quite a few prominant Jedi are married with children.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 pm

yeah buy isn't that the new republic? Like luke changed those rules.

I was under the impression that it happens in the odl republic but it is frowned upon by the jedi council.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Benson wrote:yeah buy isn't that the new republic? Like luke changed those rules.

I was under the impression that it happens in the odl republic but it is frowned upon by the jedi council.

you are correct as Halcyon had his child in secret didnt he!!

I was just pointing out that now its acceptable so to a grey jedi then it should be ok.

I would love to build in a future romantic connection into my guy some where donw the line or atleast have the ability to as I believe it makes you stronger not weaker.

I would work harder if my loved one depended on it.

I have had a son in real life and I have upped my game big style.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 am

Yes OUF allows for feelings/emotions/romance.

We disagree with the extremist view of the Force that the Jedi have so naturally we do not follow their footsteps in ridiculous restrictions like that.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 am

dessanar wrote:
you are correct as Halcyon had his child in secret didnt he!!

I did? Uh-oh... My woman is gonna be pissed... But, Even *I* didn't know bout this kid... Damn... Halp?

XD

Alright, done spamming.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 am

BTW, I liked the article. I have to say, that is another way of seeing things. My character has a strong belief that every living creature loves and has emotion. If you provoke an animal, will it not attack as a way of defending itself? That is part emotion (feeling ridiculed and pushed around) and part self-defense. Detaching oneself from such emotion would only create a drone/zombie. And that is more demeaning than fighting for the one you love.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:05 am

dessanar wrote:you are correct as Halcyon had his child in secret didnt he!!

I was just pointing out that now its acceptable so to a grey jedi then it should be ok.

I would love to build in a future romantic connection into my guy some where donw the line or atleast have the ability to as I believe it makes you stronger not weaker.

I would work harder if my loved one depended on it.

I have had a son in real life and I have upped my game big style.

I agree, if you have a loved someone.. or just a really strong bond with your family you will fight with all your might to protect them.. but if it came to a situation where it was their lives or lives of other people.. thats the pickle that would be stressful.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 am

Psht... Defilers of the Jedi Code Genocide and Jedi 896548

Don't kill me >.>
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:41 am

Pfft, I don't follow the code.

I would prefer still being able to have a family and suchwhat..

Did they use artificial inforceination to make more force users in the past?
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 am

Rygal Blaqk wrote:Pfft, I don't follow the code.

Lol, good one.

The Jedi code has it's place, but the spirit of the code is not to allow strong feelings to lead one to the dark side. The feelings still exist it's just how you handle them that matters.
The dark side teaches no restraint with feelings and desires, the jedi code teaches feelings and desires are part of life yet if they are left unchecked they can lead to lack of control and the dark side.
Avoiding attachments can cause as many problems as persuading them. This was the mistake of the early masters. The same mistake some religions make today.(example only, I'm not going there)

Last edited by Jalen Lojed on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 am

On another matter. The early masters spent too much time involved with republic politics and too little time with the common people. To really understand the needs of the many one must walk in their shoes otherwise one can loose touch and become blinded to their needs.
How can one who is never hungry, never without shelter, never without companions show empathy to those in need?
The temple became a palace where the masters dwelt high above and out of touch. They allowed the rich and infulintual to be their masters and didn't hear the many crys for help.

Also a war should never be fought by jedi. The minute they do they cease becoming jedi and transform into soldiers.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am

Sounds like a really lonely life as a Master back in those times.

Smart thinking, Luke.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Jalen Lojed wrote:
Rygal Blaqk wrote:Pfft, I don't follow the code.

Lol, good one.

The Jedi code has it's place, but the spirit of the code is not to allow strong feelings to lead one to the dark side. The feelings still exist it's just how you handle them that matters.
The dark side teaches no restraint with feelings and desires, the jedi code teaches feelings and desires are part of life yet if they are left unchecked they can lead to lack of control and the dark side.
Avoiding attachments can cause as many problems as persuading them. This was the mistake of the early masters. The same mistake some religions make today.(example only, I'm not going there)

Got to be honest I couldnt agree with you more.

Feelings and desires are a ntural thing and they should influence your decisions and life. what I think the code should not allow is uncontrolled emmotions.

the dark side says there should be no balance its as much as you can take but this is what leads to problems.

Life is a balancing and juggling act and you only get in trouble if you tip to far either way.

That I believe is what it is to be a grey jedi like me Genocide and Jedi 91675
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Filipe Barro Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:20 am

For those who worry too much about the jedi code.... Join me in the dark side and together we will rule the universe, bake cookies, and kill monkies. For that is the power of the dark side, oh and you can have all the women you want and no one will stop you so long as you dont try to take mine, for then a million deaths shall be wrought upon you. Genocide and Jedi 215287
Filipe Barro
Filipe Barro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down