Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMO Gamer Interview

+4
Beadle
Thalos
Jeme'Maer
Arashi Storm
8 posters

Go down

MMO Gamer Interview Empty MMO Gamer Interview

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 am

Decent interview here with Blaine Christine. Here!

Last edited by Arashi on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

MMO Gamer Interview Empty Re: MMO Gamer Interview

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:05 am

that was a good read. It has pretty much smothered all fears I have had about this game. They have so many people with a good head on their shoulders that there is no way that they would intentionally screw up a game that has taken them so long to make.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 am

I enjoyed that. Atleast we know that there is going to be balance between the classes. Vanguard Sega of Heros ruined them selfs due to all the bugs and unbalanced classes.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:59 am

Make sure you go back to page one, the link is to page 2.

"you don’t feel like you’re being sent on quests to collect ten boxes for some random vendor." Joy Smile

A good read as everyone else is saying. It's even made me considering doing some alts as dark and light side just to see what's different. It would be good if later they show us a bit further down the story what happens when you let the Captain live compared to what happens when he dies. If this is even the case or if it just affects the Flashpoint.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 pm

So I can be a Sith but still be fully lightside and go around saving kittens. Laughing
I hope there are odd quests you can find every now and then like that ACTUALLY...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Beadle wrote:Make sure you go back to page one, the link is to page 2.

"you don’t feel like you’re being sent on quests to collect ten boxes for some random vendor." Joy :)

A good read as everyone else is saying. It's even made me considering doing some alts as dark and light side just to see what's different. It would be good if later they show us a bit further down the story what happens when you let the Captain live compared to what happens when he dies. If this is even the case or if it just affects the Flashpoint.

My bad on the link, I will fix that. Thanks for the heads up.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 am

heh must be getting slow, i only noticed this this morning certainly is lookng good by all means, not that it ever hasn't lol.

Last edited by Delyn on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Romin Harth Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:36 am

Interesting how he bundles up harvesting with crafting. I wonder if he means like actual harvesting in terms of SWG with moisture farms and what not?
Romin Harth
Romin Harth

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 am

Romin Harth wrote:Interesting how he bundles up harvesting with crafting. I wonder if he means like actual harvesting in terms of SWG with moisture farms and what not?

Good question. I only know of harvesting in SWG so I don't know how else they could implement it.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:22 am

What is harvesting?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:25 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:What is harvesting?

In SWG you would purchase or make a machine that would harvest a resource like a metal from the ground. Once you had this harvester you would use a scanning device to find a high concentration of the resource you want to harvest and place the harvester. Once placed you turn it on and select the exact resource you want. After its running you check back pick up your resources which you can sell or use to make things. It's a boring concept but it helps a ton with immersion. It was also a fairly easy way to make some cash on the side. I enjoyed it personally.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:32 am

I see.
Well I don't doubt Bioware will take ideas from other MMO's and games, just to make the KOTOR games they read nearly every book, played nearly every game and watched all the movies just to see what would work and what wouldn't.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:27 am

Don;t you remember harvesting in WoW? I'm pretty sure I heard you say you played that.
Stuff like collecting herbs and mining.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 am

Beadle wrote:
Don;t you remember harvesting in WoW? I'm pretty sure I heard you say you played that.

It may just have been the term I got wrong. In my time on WoW I used the word gathering, farming or mining.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:23 am

I'm cerious on how crafting works in swtor. Vanguard you had to sit there and refine the gathered materials that you went out and harvested for. Then your materials are refined into a metal slab or something like that. Next move to another bench and start a process of creating your item with all the refined differnt metals required to make the overall armor peice. Cerious on how their going to introduce swtor crafting.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:
Beadle wrote:

It may just have been the term I got wrong. In my time on WoW I used the word gathering, farming or mining.

how i mine for fish?
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 am

LOLz
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:15 pm