Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevlar

+16
Jacan Na'al
Jano Vas
Rygal Blaqk
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Tyren Vaal
Toranilor
Udumbara
Quinlan Sa'athis
Gerard Halcyon
Satarel Vao
Carlen Darko
Reicho Seitoshi
Foilole
Arashi Storm
Kevlar
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kevlar Empty Kevlar

Post  Kevlar Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Name on TOR:
Kevlar
Not my ingame name, simply a gaming Alias I've become use to using.

New Zealand, HamilTron (City of the Future)
Although if we are talking about gaming hours, I'm willing to admit having a some what erratic chronological disorder, sometimes finding myself awake at 3am for no reason and with nothing to do but game.

Character Name:
Havn't actually decided yet, though obviously not Kevlar least the galaxy suddenly and violently implodes, causing blasters everywhere to become AK-47's and all the droids everywhere start jumping around yelling annoying gibberish like pwn and l33t. I probably will end up using something along the lines of Liathano or something.
Yes, I have read the thread in the general section regarding the discussion about cross-gender players. I admit to playing female characters exclusively when it comes to MMO or RPGs, generally anything that will require me to spend a lot of time staring at my in-game character.

Gaming Background:
Started gaming from a VERY early age, with games like Prince of Persia, Bubble Bubble, Armored Alley etc. Been gaming constantly ever since.
When it comes to Massive Multiplayer, I concede to being some what of a novice, having only every gotten a Character up to 50 on WoW before I grew dissatisfied with the dreadful grinding and general immaturity of the average player.

Reason for Applying:
Toranilor's hypothetical questions? (Rhetorical Question, that was)
Actually because I'm looking for a well structured, well developed and mature guild to socialize with so that once the game finally is released we can get into it with a gusto.

and where did you first hear about Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO?
I felt a disturbance in to Force.
aka. I actually honestly can't remember, its kind of embarrassing actually.

unofficial question: what do you feel you could bring to the guild?
A constructive use of Italics.
A sense of humor?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Kevlar Empty Re: Kevlar

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Welcome Kevlar! Please take the time to read through our charter, ranks and history. See you on the forums.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks Arashi!

Though I've actually read all three a while ago now (have since been lurking <laughs>) only actually decided to join in the fun now. Hope that doesn't count against me. (really not some creepy lurker or anything :P)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Welcome to OUF
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Welcome to the forums.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forums Kev.
I would warn you about some coming hypothetical questions from Tor but he told me not to.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:07 am

Welcome to the forum Kevlar.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 am

Welcome!

((I'm starting to wonder if I should develop a ball-busting routine for the prospective recruits to ponder like Tor does... It just looks SO fun!))
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:05 am

Haha Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

As for the ball-busting, it could be fun I guess in a sadistic but highly entertaining kind of way. :P At the very least make the activity some what amusing though.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:16 am

Kevlar wrote:Thanks Arashi!

Though I've actually read all three a while ago now (have since been lurking <laughs>) only actually decided to join in the fun now. Hope that doesn't count against me. (really not some creepy lurker or anything :P)

Actually it shows us you have taken considerable care of this decision and that is highly regarded by the leadership here.

Welcome to the forums.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:47 am

Questions

ONE

Your have 5 med-packs available to you for healing and no other source.
There are 5 people on the battlefield that need healing
What order would you heal these 5 and why.

• A Jedi that has lost a hand due to a light-sabre strike (I know I know, couldn't resist)
  • A Sith soldier that has taken some blaster fire, the worse of them bleeding from the gut
  • A member of OUF that has taken a moderately severe blow to the head
  • A civilian that happened to be caught in the cross-fire, wounded badly in the leg
  • An OUF Elder that has several cuts and abrasions, seems to be bleeding quite heavily in non-lethal areas

TWO

Your have 4 med-packs available to you for healing and no other source.
There are 5 people on the battlefield that need healing
Which one would miss out and why.

• A Jedi that has lost a hand due to a light-saber strike
  • A Sith soldier that has taken some blaster fire, the worse of them bleeding from the gut
  • A member of OUF that has taken a moderately severe blow to the head
  • A civilian that happened to be caught in the cross-fire, wounded badly in the leg
  • An OUF Elder that has several cuts and abrasions, seems to be bleeding quite heavily in non-lethal areas

THREE

You have felt a disturbance in the force, you know there is a civilian that will cause the Republic to lose a major battle through no fault of their own. You also know that several OUF members will be involved in that battle and there is a possibility of high casualties to the OUF, Jedi and the Republic forces, lastly you have a feeling although you cannot be sure, that this battle will be pivotal in the war.

The civilian is a hard working man with a wife and three children under the age of 10. Looking through the force at this side of the equation, if the man was killed, you can see that the wife will despair and sell the oldest child to the Hutts to feed the other two, this decision will haunt her for a few years until she takes her own life leaving a now, 13 and 10 year old to fend for themselves, the future of the children is unknown to you.

You know this civilian, not well, but you have sufficient knowledge to find him easily. There is a certainty that nothing short of this mans death will change the outcome of this battle. What are your actions and why?

Please PM your answers so other Initiates do not see them.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:11 am

Welcome! The force must be strong in this one to exhibit such elequent italicizing proficiency.

BTW- Is Kevlar blaster-proof?

Last edited by Udumbara on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:52 am

Welcome! As is customary, I will now pelt you with hypothetical questions.
These are just to let us at OUF get to know you better, and to get conversation flowing. You do not need to PM your answer, all questions are unique.

Question the First:
You are in an enemy base, killing their doods assaulting the enemy leader. While rushing to secure a door, you are hit in the leg with blaster fire. You are unable to move quickly, only crawl slowly on the ground. A medic rushes to your aid but he is incapacitated by the enemy, unable to move, about 5 meters from your position. He calls out for aid. You have all your equipment (besides medpacks) intact, and the enemy are closing fast. What do you do?

Question two:
Choose from the following items and explain your choice:
25 Medpacks
A REALLY BIG null quantam field generator
A rare lightsaber crystal.

Question three:
You are running through coruscant attempting to escape five determined pursuors. Who are they, and what did you do to agggrovate them?

Enjoy!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:28 am

Toranilor wrote:Welcome! As is customary, I will now pelt you with hypothetical questions.
These are just to let us at OUF get to know you better, and to get conversation flowing. You do not need to PM your answer, all questions are unique.

Question the First:
You are in an enemy base, killing their doods assaulting the enemy leader. While rushing to secure a door, you are hit in the leg with blaster fire. You are unable to move quickly, only crawl slowly on the ground. A medic rushes to your aid but he is incapacitated by the enemy, unable to move, about 5 meters from your position. He calls out for aid. You have all your equipment (besides medpacks) intact, and the enemy are closing fast. What do you do?

Question two:
Choose from the following items and explain your choice:
25 Medpacks
A REALLY BIG null quantam field generator
A rare lightsaber crystal.

Question three:
You are running through coruscant attempting to escape five determined pursuors. Who are they, and what did you do to agggrovate them?

Enjoy!

Question One!
Immediately I set two (yes, two) Thermal Detonators on contact and throw them through the door, then trigger a series of blaster shots into the control panel beside the door to close the door. Then while the enemy are reorganizing their various piles of limbs, ashes and miscellaneous bits of guts, I drag myself over to the medic, stabilize him with his own med-kit and then treat my leg with a medpack. Before continuing on to assassinate the enemy leader whilst limping theatrically. (see suspenseful thriller scene where limping assassin stalks prey relentlessly, at a slow shuffle)

Question Two!
The 25 MedPack without a doubt! Surely injecting that many MedPacks is guaranteed to get you high.
On second thoughts, maybe the rare lightsaber crystal, you could probably trade it for 30 MedPacks. :P

Question Three!
An Irate crystal trader and his two thugs, A medical droid and a old legless war veteran without his hoverchair.

After showing the Crystal trader the rare lightsaber crystal, I conned him with slight-of-hand into a trade of 30 MedPacks for a worthless piece of Quartz, then not to be denied my first choice I snuck into the local Medical Clinic, where whilst stealing my previously allotted 25 MedPacks I am discovered by the Medical Droid on duty (I blame the damned leg wound). Then I proceeded to flee the premises upon a stolen hoverchair to assist me in moving my now massive hoard of medpacks.

Last edited by Kevlar on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:48 am

Welcome to the forums.
I was actually thinking nearly the same thing for the first question.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:21 am

Nice answers Kevlar.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:23 am

I'd like to take this moment to say awesome answers.

Espceically q3.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 am

Welcome to the OUF forums.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:47 am

Thanks everyone, actually kind of sad now that the questions are over. haha.

Udumbara wrote:BTW- Is Kevlar blaster-proof?

Only if you put in the special Cortosis-weave plate inserts ofcourse, otherwise is it only resistant against broken viroblades and harsh words.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:54 am

It might be able to go up against tusken raiders rifles, and mabye freedon nads wimpy short sword.

Welcome kevlar, may the bullets only give you huge painful bruises, but never make you bleed.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:30 am

Welcome to the OUF forums Kevlar
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:35 am

Answers

Kevlar wrote:Questions

ONE

I would heal the Elder first, seeing how he has several non-lethal injuries and is still ready effective, then divide the remaining med-packs between us, then proceed to heal the injured civilian and wounded OUF member while the elder heals the Jedi and then the Sith Soldier.

TWO

In this situation I'd start with the Jedi first, then while he/she attempts to heal the OUF elder with their minor/major force healing powers I'd stabilize the Civilian, then the OUF member with the concussion, and lastly the wounded Sith soldier.

THREE
Assuming in my premonition the pivotal battle would be in detriment to the OUF forces and the Republic in general.

I would seek out the members which I know will be involved in the coming battle and any other various interested parties and organize a relief trust.
Then I'd seek out the man in question and kill him, depositing the large credit trust fund into their families account anonymously. Lastly I'd develop contacts to keep an eye out on their progress in the future.
Its ruthless and practical, I know, but while I'm usually not an advocate of the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. Overall in this case I felt that the stability and combat effectiveness of Republican forces was a priority over the life of a single man, without having destroyed the entire family in the process to secure the republic's safety.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:46 am

I like that Kevlar appears to be very efficient. Looking for the best way to use his environment and surroundings to aid him in his desired outcome. Very different than my approach but very effective nonetheless.

Last edited by Jano Vas on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:56 am

Just goes to show that one answer could be just as correct as a different answer, even if the result is different.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:00 am

Jano Vas wrote:I like that Kevlar appears to be very efficient. Looking for the best way to use his environment and surroundings to aid him in his desired outcome. Very different than my approach but very effective nonetheless.

It shows that when fighting Kevlar, you have to be aware of everything around you, brute force wont save you against him with the power of surroundings on his side.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next