Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about about the balance of the Force.

+2
Foilole
Skeevenmac
6 posters

Go down

Question about about the balance of the Force. Empty Question about about the balance of the Force.

Post  Skeevenmac Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Do you think Qui-Gonn and Yoda knew how Anakin would balance the Force? My thoughts are that Qui-Gonn didn't know but that Yoda did. I think Yoda knew that there needed to be a balance and let Anakin do it because the Force needed to "correct" itself.

This was touched on in a thread I was watching but I couldn't find it through searching.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Question about about the balance of the Force. Empty Re: Question about about the balance of the Force.

Post  Foilole Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Well Qui-Gonn would have known something special would have come from Anakin to have asked the Jedi Order to to train him at that age but he died so he never got a chance to see what was to come from Anakin
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Question about about the balance of the Force. Empty Re: Question about about the balance of the Force.

Post  Skeevenmac Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Well Qui-Gonn knew he was the "Chosen One" but I don't think he knew exactly what that meant. I think Yoda did and knew that it had to happen (Order 66) and Palpatine figured out that Anakin was the fulfillment of the prophecy.

Luke was just "karma" coming back around. lol
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Well, IMO, at the point in time, there were too many light sided jedi and too little of the dark side. Therefore, a 'balance' would be ensuring equality in both, contrary as to what most percieve it to be (prevailance of light over dark), to stabalise the force (i think) haha
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:32 pm

I think that also begs the question that after the Emporer and Vader/Anakin died didn't that just leave one lightside Jedi and no darkside? I've great some of the expanded universe stuff but not enough to know that answer to this question.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 am

I believe that Palpatine knew that Anakin who the Chosen and as such, took the proper steps into making him his learner. That way, as he thought, he could control the outcome of the Chosen One.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:01 am

I believe that Yoda and the masters knew that Anakin was the "chosen one" and was meant to balance the force, but their full vision of what was going to take place was clouded. In full truth the jedi would not have let such things come to pass if they knew they were to be almost completely destroyed because of one person.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm

Qui Gonn-Jinn would of made a better master in my opinion.
I'd say Anakin still fulfilled his prophecy by the end of the 6th movie, but not even Yoda can tell how every little event will happen.

I think they both knew. Expanded Universe really screwed things up a lot though, (of course not Old Republic era EU heh heh...) the whole Palpatines clones, Yhuuzan Vong, and NJO just made it seem weird. The plan for NJO and the different authors was stupid.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:Qui Gonn-Jinn would of made a better master in my opinion.
I'd say Anakin still fulfilled his prophecy by the end of the 6th movie, but not even Yoda can tell how every little event will happen.

I think they both knew. Expanded Universe really screwed things up a lot though, (of course not Old Republic era EU heh heh...) the whole Palpatines clones, Yhuuzan Vong, and NJO just made it seem weird. The plan for NJO and the different authors was stupid.

In al truth the only EU that I did not like was the Palpatines clones series. It annoyed me to no end seeing them kill Palpatine again and again. He just kept coming back till someone just had to trap him in the force.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 am

I still think that Yoda was smart enough to figure it out completely. I don't think Palpatine had enough "vision" to see what was to happen. Once you're at peace with the Force death has no hold on you. It is as natural as taking your next step.

I tried reading the Yuuzhan stuff but just couldn't get into it. The death of the character who "defiantly shook his fists" was sad!
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down