Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerard Halcyon

+11
Toranilor
Benson
Quinlan Sa'athis
Jacan Na'al
Jeme'Maer
Chilli
Arashi Storm
Reicho Seitoshi
Rygal Blaqk
Satarel Vao
Gerard Halcyon
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gerard Halcyon Empty Gerard Halcyon

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 am

Greetings! My name is Gerard (called Gary for short) and I'm 18. My forum and character name shall be Gerard Charles Halcyon, a name I have had for many years. I feel my location is of no importance as we are all here for the same reason. As a long-time student of knowledge, I feel that my place is here with others that are of like minds.

I came across your guild page on the SW:TOR forums. Upon further inspection, I discovered that this guild holds the same views as I do. I have played many different Star Wars titles as well as a number of MMOs. Currently, I am playing World of Warcraft until SW:TOR is released.

Thank you for considering my application and I hope to be accepted. If there are any questions or concerns, I will be more than happy to answer them.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Gerard Halcyon Empty Re: Gerard Halcyon

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:10 am

Welcome to the OUF forums Gerard! Sounds like you have already read our Charter and History which is a good thing. I assume you have played KOTOR 1 and/or 2 as well in those Star Wars games you mentioned?
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:14 am

Yes sir, I made sure I understood the charter as well as the ranking system you guys have established. I've also beaten KotOR 1 & 2 over ten times each.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:23 am

Good to hear you like the games that much bud. They're worth as many playthroughs as you can get for sure.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:29 am

Oh yeah! I love Star Wars to no end, and RPGs have the best stories compared to all other kinds of games.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:32 am

Welcome to the Order of the Unifying Force forums Gerard!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:37 am

Welcome to the forums Gerard. I'm glad to see that you enjoy playing KOTOR so much I have beaten both of them around 10 times each as well.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:41 am

Welcome Gary! Please take the time to post as often as you can so we can get to know you better.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:48 am

Welcome to the forums bud

theres only 2 endings to the KOTOR's though right? a good and a bad? must admit i never did get around to finishing them both ways
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:00 am

Arashi wrote:Welcome Gary! Please take the time to post as often as you can so we can get to know you better.

Yes sir. I was unaware that I am allowed to post on the forums while in the application process. I will start to move about and make myself a bit known! Thank you!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:25 am

welcome to the forums man. Good to know that you have read the history. I personally love the kotor games over any star wars game I have played (except rogue squadron) and am very exited to know more people that like KOTORS I and II as much as I do.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am

Welcome.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am

Welcome

There are many different varieties and things you can change for each play through of KotOR1 and 2, personally I was up to approx (its approx because I lost one or two games due to save game corruption) 62 before I hung up the game.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:01 pm

welcome Gary,

endings in kotor1 arent that different. In kotor2 if you talk good enough with keira she will tell you aboot what will happen with the people you encountered while playing. So that has many different variaties.....
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Welcome to the hypothetical corner!

Pull up a hypothetical chair and answer my hypothetical questions, to help us at OUF to get to know you better and get conversation flowing.

You are a captian of a small, nimble vessel in the middle of a battle between the republic fleet and the mandalorians. You have a very valuable passenger, a member of the republic senate. Your power generators have failed, and backup only provides basic power to the engines and other functions. You have a choice between powering up your ship's turrets, or it's shield. Getting the senator to safetey is of the highest priority. What do you do?

If you were given an option between the following items, which would you choose?
A lightsaber crystal and half a handle.
A blaster rifle with no barrel
Impact gloves

A bunch of annoying kids are pelting you with rocks for some reason. How do you teach them a lesson?

Enjoy!!

Last edited by Toranilor on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Welcome Gerard!

I see E3 has done some impact on our applications, three of them this tight looks terrific.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Um, if you were implying that I had discovered TOR through E3, you are mistaken. I came across TOR's main-site one day while surfing BioWare's page. I'm a big fan of NWN.... Anywho, thanks for the warm welcome, guys.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:14 pm

I wasn't implying that you, Gerard, had seen TOR through E3. I just took for granted that the up-close applications was an effect of E3.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:11 am

Toranilor wrote:Welcome to the hypothetical corner!

Pull up a hypothetical chair and answer my hypothetical questions, to help us at OUF to get to know you better and get conversation flowing.

You are a captian of a small, nimble vessel in the middle of a battle between the republic fleet and the mandalorians. You have a very valuable passenger, a member of the republic senate. Your power generators have failed, and backup only provides basic power to the engines and other functions. You have a choice between powering up your ship's turrets, or it's shield. Getting the senator to safetey is of the highest priority. What do you do?

If you were given an option between the following items, which would you choose?
A lightsaber crystal and half a handle.
A blaster rifle with no barrel
Impact gloves

A bunch of annoying kids are pelting you with rocks for some reason. How do you tech them a lesson?

Enjoy!!

Well, to answer your questions, Tranilor, I will take a moment to consider my options...

First, for equipment, I'd take the lightsaber crystal and half-handle. I'm pretty sure that along the voyage I'd have found some spare parts around this small ship. Even if I haven't, I don't really see the use of having a saber (or any of the other items) while in space.

Second, I'd power the shields and make sure a couple Republic fighters could give me enough cover to escape the battle. I always make sure my mission gets done. Should I not be able to get a couple fighters to help us escape the battle, I'd attempt to make contact with the commander of the Mandalorian fleet. If they (obviously) refuse to surrender, I'd (having practiced it only enough to know it's have at least the slightest impact) either manipulate him through the Force and end the battle or at least manage to force him to pull back.

Finally, with the children, I'd retaliate by pelting them with the same rocks they threw at me.. only with a little extra power behind it... If they stopped, I'd just say something scary to freak them out and scare them rather than actually harm them.

Hope that covers it.

-- Gatho: Ah! I gotcha now, dude!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 am

Just to give a few more details about myself, I'm going to compile a short list of things i like...

Food: CHEESECAKE! Pizza, Deviled eggs, Mac and cheese.
Drink: Arizona Iced Tea, SPARKS, Mt.Dew
Comic-book Hero: Spider-Man (before the lame-ass movies came out)
Movie: Pulp Fiction, SW: I-VI, Heavy Metal
Smell: Lavender (the scent of my woman)
Taste: Strawberry, Grape
Phobia: Spiders.. The small ones... Hard to see those venomous creeps...
Random Favorite thing: anything STAR WARS or has to do with a viral-zombie outbreak.
Most used word: (PG-13)"Dude" (R)"F**K!!"
Most used phrase: (PG-13)"Dude! WTF?!" (R)"DUDE! What the F**K?!!?"
Simplistic view: "Orcs smell... Plain and simple... They are stupid and smell..."
One <3 : My woman... She means EVERYTHING to me.

Well, hope this will help you guys figure me out a little bit better. Any questions, go ahead and ask... But, I'll let you know now, some answers may differ based upon my mood... Except the last thing... And cheesecakes... Mmmm... Cheeeeeeeeeeesecake....
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoon Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:24 am

Welcome to the forums Gary. Also I'm from New York so much respect for the cheesecake lol. I could eat that all day!
thedoon
thedoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks for the info.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Welcome
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks for the info, and for answeing my questions!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Yay! I gots accepted! WHOOP WHOOP!

I'm so excited I could eat a horse!

>_<

Wait... That wasn't right...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down