Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valeris

+14
thedoon
Gatho
Benson
Bahn Durm
Quinlan Sa'athis
Jacan Na'al
Jeme'Maer
Chilli
Arashi Storm
Reicho Seitoshi
Rygal Blaqk
Toranilor
Satarel Vao
Valeris
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Valeris Empty Valeris

Post  Valeris Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:09 am

I am Valeris and I am submitting myself for consideration as a member of your Order. I am a 25-year-old female of the United States with casual gaming experience. I am attracted to your belief in the Force without disparities of light and dark; it was your name that attracted me. I still hold that Vegere was not a Sith. Your interest in soliciting gamers of various skills and trades is also important to me, as I want an enjoyable, not unduly demanding, gaming experience. I am interested in joining a community that is interested in cooperative gaming without the distraction of crude dialogue and belittling criticisms shared amongst users. I am not a particularly skilled gamer, and do not find as much pleasure in the combat aspects of gaming as in the problem-solving and crafting venues. In fact, if they could create a diplomatic character for these games I would be right at home. Barring that, I enjoy tactics, mediating disputes, following orders insofar as my personal code allows, and reconnoitering.
Valeris
Valeris

Back to top Go down

Valeris Empty Re: Valeris

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:12 am

Welcome to the forum Valeris. Glad to see you enjoy what we're all about!
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 am

Welcome to the forums!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 am

What sort of games do you usually play whenever you do feel the need to get knee deep in some combat and exploration?

Also, are you familiar with timeline of The Old Republic, or played either of the Knights of the Old Republic games?
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:30 am

Welcome Valeris to the Order of the Unifying Force forums!

Glad to have you here, please enjoy the stay, and don't feed the Jawas please.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:33 am

Welcome to the forums Valeris.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 am

Welcome Valeris! We are glad you stopped by. Please take the time to look through our guild charter and our guild history if you haven't already done so. We are always pleased to meet others that share our view of the force. Please try to post as often as you can so we can get to know you better.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:44 am

Greeting and Salutations Valeris
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:18 am

welcome to the forums
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:26 am

Welcome.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:52 am

Welcome

I must say that is one of the better applications I have read
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 pm

And now time for the completely un-sanctioned hypothetical questions!

Basically this helps us at OUF (love how I can say that now) understand you as a person, and to generally get the conversation flowing.

You and a rival are both soldiors in the Republic Army. Your rival is headstrong and foolish, but he has friends in high places, and to your horror, he has been appointed as your superior! Going over his head to complain might get you out of his jurisdiction, but the Republic army doesent look kindly on un-founded comlpaints, and your job may be in jeapordy if the Officers find nothing wrong with the appointment. What do you do?

Choose from the following and explain your decision;
5 Medical Kits
A damaged blaster rifle
Combat armour

You are in a completely open feild, very high up with no high objects within 100km (60-something miles). What do you do?

Enjoy!

Last edited by Toranilor on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:42 pm

That last one is a little random, even for you.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Welcome!!
Always glad to have a new face around!!
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:That last one is a little random, even for you.

Hey, I ran out of Ideas....
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Welcome to the forum.

and a tip in sloving the last question of Toran.

use your instant transmission........ but you have to roll a d6, on a 1 you teleport in the sun and cant join ouf...

(Toran asked in another threat if someone could take over being anoying to new appliciants for the next couple of days, so I thought lets begin)
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Benson wrote:Welcome to the forum.

and a tip in sloving the last question of Toran.

use your instant transmission........ but you have to roll a d6, on a 1 you teleport in the sun and cant join ouf...

(Toran asked in another threat if someone could take over being anoying to new appliciants for the next couple of days, so I thought lets begin)

Thanks Benson!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Welcome to OUF Valeris!
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Valeris Empty Satarel Vao

Post  Valeris Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:36 am

Yes, Satarel Vao, I am familiar with the timelines and have played the previously released KOTOR games, which I thoroughly enjoy. When I visit my cousin out of state we enjoy playing James Bond GoldenEye for immersion in complete destruction throughout the night, but that really the only game I play with the purpose of blowing things up. I also enjoy and have read most of the available novels, particularly Legacy of the Force issues.
Valeris
Valeris

Back to top Go down

Valeris Empty Toranilor

Post  Valeris Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:45 am

Toranilor,

While reading the hypthetical scenario you posed for me, I wish clarification:

What type of rival is my superior officer? Financial? Romantic? Career?
Also, am I to assume the officer is stalking me about this field with malicious intent?
Valeris
Valeris

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:51 am

Valeris wrote:Yes, Satarel Vao, I am familiar with the timelines and have played the previously released KOTOR games, which I thoroughly enjoy. When I visit my cousin out of state we enjoy playing James Bond GoldenEye for immersion in complete destruction throughout the night, but that really the only game I play with the purpose of blowing things up. I also enjoy and have read most of the available novels, particularly Legacy of the Force issues.

Legacy of the Force was definitely awesome. Since you have read so many of the novels I wonder who your all time favorite character is?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeris Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:05 am

I really grew attached to Jacen following his capture by the Vong; I felt he matured, particularly as he studied under Vegere. I was very frustrated when they spent so much time with his character growing to harness both 'sides' of the force, another author comes along and has him 'go dark.' That quite disgusted me, but that's how it goes when you have so many people contributing to a single story line. Also, I enjoyed the little barefoot blonde with the forehead scars...I would have to go upstairs and look at the book to remember her name....who was in love with Anakin Solo. I felt that character had a lot of potential, but they kind of gave up on her as well, with Jacen turning her into a soldier and all.

I wasn't particularly fond of I, Jedi. Though the story was enjoyable, the dialogue was, I felt, lacking.
Valeris
Valeris

Back to top Go down

Valeris Empty Green Lightsaber

Post  Valeris Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:07 am

Could someone please tell me what this green lightsaber beside my postings means? I don't see it on anyone else.

Thank you
Valeris
Valeris

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:10 am

Valeris wrote:Could someone please tell me what this green lightsaber beside my postings means? I don't see it on anyone else.

Thank you

It means you are currently online. (there is no offline indicator)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 am

I enjoyed Vergere very much. I thought she was going to be the turning point in SW. To me Vergere was refreshing to the series. She seemed to make the series more intelligent and thought provoking than the plain vanilla of dark side vs light. I know it was George's original concept and it is good, but I think it's time for the series to evolve beyond that. Apparently the other authors didn't get the memo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum