Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game

+9
Foilole
Darka
Cuyir
Gatho
Anne
Satarel Vao
Arashi Storm
Rygal Blaqk
Master Nuuk
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game

Post  Master Nuuk Fri May 08, 2009 5:50 am

I hope wearing this "vallet dancer" robe is only for a short period of time.
I feel like a 30 year old boy wearing a small short with high socks.

Am I the only one who thinks this? I hate talking negative about SW, but there is always something out of context. Like Jar Jar Binks in the movies.

Master Nuuk

[img][/img][img]Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Jedior11[/img]
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty Re: Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri May 08, 2009 6:23 am

Personally I think some of these outfits are just.. placeholders.
Either that or starting ones as you said.
I want Baggy robes, tops etc..

Dont want to be one of Robin Hood's Tight wearing men.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty I AGREE

Post  Master Nuuk Fri May 08, 2009 6:27 am

YOU MADE ME LAUGH!!!
Thats what I was just pointing out...

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty Re: Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game

Post  Arashi Storm Fri May 08, 2009 7:08 am

Well off the top of my head I can only remember one outfit I have seen so far that was not like a pair of tights. Thats not including armor ofcourse. I can't remember which video, but in one of the video's they show a room full of sith I believe and one of the dudes in there seems to be wearing some sort of robe. He also has a beard but its hard to see cause of his hood. Unfortunately almost every set of pants that have been shown are just like you said it Ayntinnus, tights! I loved the movie Men in tights but I definitely don't want to wear tights. Hopefully they will spend some time on clothing customization for us. I could bare it at the beginning, but I hope its not something that stays that way.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Fri May 08, 2009 9:14 am

Yeah, Men in Tights was a good movie... but anything with Cary Elwes is awesome. Not to mention Dave Chappelle.. that guy is hilarious. Won't lie, though, I'm glad Mel Brooks is done with the parodies.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Fri May 08, 2009 8:05 pm

I like the tights, but i will have to agree that it is not really starwarsie.
but it will look good on my twi'lek char :D
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 am

I have no problem with the clothing, a little less star-warsy perhaps, but I think BioWare can make it feel quite star-warsy whatever the style is. But I wouldn't worry about the clothing being monotonous as there were both 'tight' and 'hanging' clothing in KoTOR(2) and that there really aren't no reason to not have both kinds.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat May 09, 2009 6:58 am

But KoToR II wasn't made by Bioware. Though I agree that they will make other styles available.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty Tights

Post  Master Nuuk Sat May 09, 2009 7:23 am

Anne,

They surely look good in your character...not sure about mine though.

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuyir Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 am

I would just assume Bioware is only showing us the starter clothes for the most part. They wouldn't want to give away what you'll get later in the game.
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty I just hope...

Post  Master Nuuk Sat May 09, 2009 8:34 am

I think they'll be using in order to motivate you and advance in the game to get the robe we would like.

Remember my words.

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sat May 09, 2009 9:15 am

thats more like a space peasant then anything else
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Empty Tights...for Knights

Post  Master Nuuk Sat May 09, 2009 9:24 am

Well, get use to it....

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 am

Im not too picky i just want a simple Jedi robe and ill be fine
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Sat May 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Arashi wrote:But KoToR II wasn't made by Bioware. Though I agree that they will make other styles available.

Yeah, I meant that they've probably looked at K2 and what Obsidian did. Aye.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sun May 10, 2009 1:03 pm

After reading one of the initial interviews that Sean Dahlberg did with Gamespot, I was instantly realizing that these robes are just temporary. They talked about the "big-gulp" lightsaber designs from the first few screenshots and videos and how they were going to make changes based on the feedback from the fans. This shows that they truly want to give us what we want. And most want the traditional jedi robes that we've ALWAYS seen. These new ones are probably just around for the sake of them having clothing.
Maybe they're simplistic, maybe they're not. They're definitely not Master/Lord robes. That's for sure. We'll see what happens once they get us into the information for release and what not.

Although, I really hope these aren't the initiate robes, either...
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinaeus Thu May 14, 2009 7:09 am

i wonder how they will deal with the armor.... whether different robes will be infused with different powers. i mean in wow the armor had heaps of importance but it might not make that much sense in this game. on a trooper or a bounty hunter maybe but i dont know about robes.
Phinaeus
Phinaeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 am

I liked how SWG use to do it with clothing and armor attachments. You simply loot or get the clothing/armor attachment and then you attach it to the piece of clothing/armor you like best. This way you aren't required to wear a specific piece of clothing/armor. Sure makes it a lot more fun for the player to be able to wear what he/she wants.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 am

Well, this is a game that follows KotOR and KotOR II. They could probably use the same or similar clothing design for TOR. They had bonuses in the robes for Light Side and Dark Side abilities, or bonuses to different aspects like agility, strength, intelligence, etc. They are hopefully going with that. The rest (armor, hoods, etc) could be extra for look.

As long as I can wear the traditional robes when I'm in the temples, then I have no problem with the robes for battle.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinaeus Thu May 14, 2009 10:13 am

hm i like the idea of bonuses to attributes. as you said like in kotor 1 & 2 . bonuses to light and dark side points im not sure about. what if you want to play a chaotic light character? or lawful dark character? or just neutral. Im hoping there will be that much freedom in the game to really choose what you want to be. resistance bonuses would make sense though.
Phinaeus
Phinaeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Fri May 15, 2009 1:17 am

Phinaeus wrote:hm i like the idea of bonuses to attributes. as you said like in kotor 1 & 2 . bonuses to light and dark side points im not sure about. what if you want to play a chaotic light character? or lawful dark character? or just neutral. Im hoping there will be that much freedom in the game to really choose what you want to be. resistance bonuses would make sense though.

Well, they had the Jolee Bindo robe in KotOR II, and the gray Jedi robes. These gave more to intelligence than to anything else.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Nuuk Fri May 15, 2009 7:33 am

Well, these are good news.
I was worried about The Robes.

And good to know they are listening to fans. I'll post more frequently then.

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 pm

In regards to the clothing options - I wonder what options will be with the rest of the gear..
Boots, gloves.. helmet.. shoulders.. etc, wonder from what viewpoint Bioware will go from.
I personally like the multiple gear points, lets you customize your look..
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Nuuk Sat May 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Jedi's and Sith's Robe at the begining of the Game Judici10

As far as I know you'll have a lot of customizable options. What I am afraid is that everyone will start looking like Robin Hood in tights.

I guess What you guys have been saying gives me a little bit of hope.

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sun May 17, 2009 8:52 am

haha i wouldnt mind having tights for my character but i dont want to look like everyone else which would be dissapointing
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next