Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatho

+4
Satarel Vao
Jacan Na'al
Arashi Storm
Gatho
8 posters

Go down

Gatho Empty Gatho

Post  Gatho Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Character name: Haven't decided
Name at swtor.com: Gatho

When I was younger, and when I hadn't played an mmo, Battlefield 2 was what I was playing every day of the week in two and a half. It was the first real online-game I played.
In 2007 I was introduced to my first mmo, the SWG trial. Was really fun but I didn't subscribe (much because I had never used that kind of paying method). But a half year later I tried it again and subscribed, and so SWG became my first (and longest so far) mmo, playing both on Tempest-server with the inspiring guild Alpha Imperium and later on, on EU-Chimaera. I quit last summer.
Then I've played AoC and WAR a couple of months each. Currently I'm playing LotRO (which I *do not* like) and Eve Online trials, and also the KotORs from time to time. Having a hard time finding something else in the wait for TOR. :)

Reason to join is because after checking around on the forums a little, the people of the guild (it's called a guild, right?) looks very nice and also that some of the members are in my age.

Found out about TOR when I did my half-yearly google-search for a possible K3.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Gatho Empty Re: Gatho

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Welcome Gatho. I believe you are the first from Sweden! Great to have you here. Please take the time to read the our charter. Also look forward to seeing you post on the forums so we can get to know you better.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 am

Welcome there Gatho!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:51 am

Welcome Gatho! Looks like you've got a pretty broad range of MMO experience.. glad to see you've decided to check our friendly guild out.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks guys. I'll do that Arashi.

Well yeah maybe in some ways, but in some other ways I'm a real newcomer. For example I've hardly done any big raids since there were only one-group instances in SWG. Still got much to learn! Heh.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 am

welcome buddy, see you around the fourms
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:23 am

I suppose, but raiding isn't that big of a part in MMOs, in my opinion. I just meant you've tried alot of different ones out... and I imagine you didn't play SWG pre-new game enhancements, eh? That's when I fiended that one alot... once they got rid of all of the awesome skill trees and the ability to seriously customize your character any way you want them, I had to leave.

It was more of a personal thing than a bad outlook on the game.. I was too close to making a jedi and then they revamped it all and everyone could be one from the start. For the newcomer, that would be awesome... but for me, it was just another reason for me to leave. Right after I purchased the Mustafar expansion too..

I won't talk about it anymore, it just brings up bad memories haha.

And I think small tight-knit groups are sometimes better than big dirty raids... a little bit more personal.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 am

Welcome to the OUF Gatho! Glad to see that our guild is still making an impact in the TOR Community!
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:52 am

Welcome to OUF
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 am

Welcome Gatho. Hope to see you among our ranks soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:31 am

Welcome Gatho!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Satarel wrote:I suppose, but raiding isn't that big of a part in MMOs, in my opinion. I just meant you've tried alot of different ones out... and I imagine you didn't play SWG pre-new game enhancements, eh? That's when I fiended that one alot... once they got rid of all of the awesome skill trees and the ability to seriously customize your character any way you want them, I had to leave.

It was more of a personal thing than a bad outlook on the game.. I was too close to making a jedi and then they revamped it all and everyone could be one from the start. For the newcomer, that would be awesome... but for me, it was just another reason for me to leave. Right after I purchased the Mustafar expansion too..

I won't talk about it anymore, it just brings up bad memories haha.

And I think small tight-knit groups are sometimes better than big dirty raids... a little bit more personal.

Yeah, alright. Yes, I never heard of SWG till after the NGE-release. Though I've read some about the pre-cu -and nge and the change to nge; all I'm thinking is just that it's sad that it went as it went.

Perhaps, the emulator will bring back some of the 'goold ol' times' when/if it comes out though?

Hehe, ok.

I concur, there is so much more required by the whole group if you're only eight than 20.

Thanks for the welcomes:)
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:35 am

Application Accepted.

Topic Locked.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down