Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garr Talon

+3
Quinlan Sa'athis
Tyrael Rahl
Jacan Na'al
7 posters

Go down

Garr Talon Empty Garr Talon

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:38 am

Hey. I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan and used to read a lot of SW new Jedi order books back in the day. I tried Galaxies, but didn't like it so I waited for a good SW MMO and here it is. I want to be affiliated with a well organized guild rather than joining a thousand new guilds on day one just to have them disband that night. I'm a casual gamer that is also in college so my play times shift according to my schedule. I'm interested in the judicial department of the guild. Hope to join you all.

Back to top Go down

Garr Talon Empty Re: Garr Talon

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 am

Greetings Garr.

Very happy to see you did your research about the guild before applying (evident by your interest in the Judicial department)

We have many levels of Star Wars fan among us so you are sure to find alot of discussions to get involved in.

To help your application move through smoothly I suggest you go mad with your posting since that is really the only way we can get to know you right now.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:18 am

Welcome Garr! Good to have another college student in the mix! Did you ever finish the NJO series, per chance?
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:01 am

Welcome
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:Greetings Garr.

Very happy to see you did your research about the guild before applying (evident by your interest in the Judicial department)

We have many levels of Star Wars fan among us so you are sure to find alot of discussions to get involved in.

To help your application move through smoothly I suggest you go mad with your posting since that is really the only way we can get to know you right now.

Will do. Thanks for having me. I've gone through most of the site so my next question is if there is any other forums or sites I should familiarize myself with or any chat clients that the guild uses?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 pm

Tyrael Rahl wrote:Welcome Garr! Good to have another college student in the mix! Did you ever finish the NJO series, per chance?

I didn't, although I have had the best intentions to catch up on the series for a couple of years now. My brother is the one who got me into the books and I'm pretty sure he is up to date on the book releases, I'll have to ask to borrow them. I think I stopped on Dark Journey.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Great to have you here.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:04 am

Garr Talon wrote:Will do. Thanks for having me. I've gone through most of the site so my next question is if there is any other forums or sites I should familiarize myself with or any chat clients that the guild uses?

Well of course there is the official TOR forums. (www.swtor.com)

And there is an unofficial TOR IRC, but it gets off-topic very easily. At this stage I have stopped going there because nothing good comes of most of the conversations. (Server = irc.torquarters.com Channel = #SWTOR)

Also the people that host our guild site have a TOR fansite of their own complete with forums. (www.swtorbase.com)

And they also host a TOR networking site - think myspace/facebook/bebo but for TOR. And we have a guild listing there that members can join as well. (www.myswtor.com)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 am

I just spent the last hour or so going around and signing up at Base, Temple, and MySWTOR. I sent a couple friends invites and joined the guild on MySWTOR. I'm now checking out our allies' sites.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 am

Garr Talon wrote:I didn't, although I have had the best intentions to catch up on the series for a couple of years now. My brother is the one who got me into the books and I'm pretty sure he is up to date on the book releases, I'll have to ask to borrow them. I think I stopped on Dark Journey.
Well there are pretty much 4 main books that you need to read to finish up the series: Traitor, Destiny's Way, The Final Prophecy, and of course The Unifying Force. Read those and you will have be good. I love that series haha.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 am

Garr Talon wrote:I just spent the last hour or so going around and signing up at Base, Temple, and MySWTOR. I sent a couple friends invites and joined the guild on MySWTOR. I'm now checking out our allies' sites.
Awesome work Garr, keep it up and dont forget to keep checking back to the forums!
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:13 am

welcome
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:25 pm

welcome to the fourms friend.