Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eokurios

+11
Jacan Na'al
Benson
Illian Amerond
Udumbara
Jeme'Maer
Tyren Vaal
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Rygal Blaqk
Latiel
Kevlar
Eokurios
15 posters

Go down

Eokurios Empty Eokurios

Post  Eokurios Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 am

Character Name: Eokurios (yeah, I know, it's kind of weird. I have a penchant for languages; this name means "Lord of Dawn" in ancient Greek, possibly modern as well). This is also my forum name on the SWTOR forums, but I haven't yet posted anything there, as I haven't had anything sufficiently intelligent to say that hasn't already been said yet.

Gaming Background: Oh, my, where to begin. I could list all the FPS experience I have, but TOR isn't an FPS. I'm sure some classical RPG elements are important here, as they are in any MMO, but all 12 of the console/single player Final Fantasies, as well as Chrono Trigger, or any other number of console-based RPGs, with the exception of Dragon Age: Origins, lack traditional party-based dynamics. What I think you're really asking for is MMO experience. That, I have, and in spades.

I first picked up MMOs with a game called EverQuest, which I played for six years. I played many classes in that game, from monk (unarmed melee dps) to druid (healer) to shadowknight (weak melee dps, excellent group tank, so-so raid off-tank) to berserker (massive weapon-based melee dps). During my experience in EverQuest, I was a member of the guild Sol Invictus on the Tribunal server. We were ranked as the top guild on our server, and it was a representative of us that was invited to Sony Online Entertainment's "Round Table discussion" with players and developers. I have end-game raid experience in EverQuest in this top-server guild all the way from Classic (pre-Kunark) through Omens of War eras.

When a little game called World of Warcraft came out, I made the switch. My first class was a human paladin. I played this class, mainly, but also dabbled with a few "alts." On my paladin, during "vanilla" WoW (pre-expansions), all we could do effectively in raids was heal, so that's what I did. I completed all raid instances in vanilla WoW from UBRS (Upper Blackrock Spire, 15 man, then reduced to 10) to Molten Core to Blackwing Lair to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (complete with C'thun) to Naxx40 (Naxxramas, 40 man raid, including a few 40 man Kel'thuzad kills). This includes both 20 man instances, Zul'Gurub and the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj.

However, when The Burning Crusade was released, I switched from holy spec (healing) to protection (tank), and played this variant of the paladin all the way to the release of Wrath of the Lich King. During the Burning Crusade, I raid tanked in all raid instances. I have downed every boss in Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, Serpentshrine Caverns, The Eye (also known as Tempest Keep), Mount Hyjal, the Black Temple, and the Sunwell (complete with Kil'Jaeden kills).

I played Wrath of the Lich King as a retribution (melee dps)/protection dual-spec paladin for several months, before walking away from WoW just before the release of Icecrown Citadel. However, I cleared all raid instances (both 25 man version and 10 man version, as both protection and retribution in each) preceding Icecrown. I also have several "hard-mode" kills in both 10 man and 25 man versions of Ulduar, a full heroic-mode clear of 10 man Trial of the Grand Crusader, and 3/5 heroic-mode clear in 25 man Trial of the Grand Crusader.

I previously mentioned a few alts I played in WoW. These include a Warlock (spell/damage over time based dps), Death Knight (played as a blood-spec tank), and a Shaman (enhancement spec, melee dps). Overall, my time playing World of Warcraft totals a bit over 5 years, with 6 years spent in EverQuest, for a total of 11 years playing MMOs. For the record, I have also performed as a raid leader on numerous occasions in both games.

Reason for Applying: Well, I have been waiting for SWTOR to come out for quite awhile, and while I would like to find a group of like-minded players early on that I can "hit the ground running" with when release comes around, I'm not sure my life any longer offers opportunities for 72 hour at-the-keyboard stints. So, this seems like a nice, well balanced community of players. I'm looking for a place where I can play as much as I have the time for, but not feel tremendous obligations. Honestly, sometimes my raiding felt like a second job during my 11 year MMO career. I definitely want to experience some of the higher end PvE content, but I don't want the constant pressure to always beat "the other guys" to the punch. Simply speaking, I want to be able to enjoy the depths of the game while maintaining balance. This seems like a community of amiable people who encourage that.

When I First Heard of SWTOR: I've been waiting for this game to come out since it was announced in 2009. I have been keeping up with all announcements on the website, and enjoyed the reveals of this year's E3. I have applied for the beta phase, and am praying that I get accepted for at least one of the rotations. During gameplay, I am probably going to be playing a Jedi Knight, with the likely direction of a tank build.

Thank you for your time, and for considering my application.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Eokurios Empty Re: Eokurios

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:23 am

Thorougher application! I like this guy already! (Actually, I just like reading, so walls of texts appeal to me =P )

Welcome to the forums Eokurios! =)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:23 am

o.o . . . Welcome to the forums!
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:47 am

My monitor turned off halfway through.. Very Happy

Quickly moved my mouse to continue reading, welcome to the home of OUF.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:14 am

Welcome to our forums mate. Awesome application indeed! Very Happy
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:28 am

Welcome to the guild, good to see now applications.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Welcome to the forums! Thats a nice wall of post that you have there, it was a pretty good read.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:08 pm

That's some experience! Welcome to our home ... look forward to reading more books! I mean posts ...
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Greetings and Salutations
I have enjoyed reading your work here on the forums, it is refresing to find more fans to share this experience with ^.^ well met!
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi, nice app.

I'm not a big reader like some here, thats what I like about TOR no more reading the NPC's will talk to me now... Very Happy
Ok, not the only thing I like about it....

anyways welcome to zee forum.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Welcome.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi and Weclome to our happy home. That was a very well written and informative application.

May I ask where you found out about our guild?
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Welcome
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Wow! Nice application. Welcome to our home.

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 am

I found out about this place from someone posting a comment on the TOR comments from one of the news updates. I don't recall who it was that posted.

I forgot to mention my history of pencil & paper RPGs as well during my app. It mostly consists of v2 D&D. I liked my Wood Elf Ranger (level 1)/Fighter (all other levels) with Tempest and Weapon Master prestige classes.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 am

Welcome buddy man!
My B-day is 1 day before your Eokurios 303161 almost there!
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:34 am

July birthdays are win! My dad's is July 10, mine is 15, and mom is 20. My older brother....is September 18...you can tell he was adopted (j/k).
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 am

Hahaha that's pretty funny.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:44 am

I feel his pain...my brothers all have birthdays September 18, October 19, and mine...January 25

I broke the streak Sad
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:03 am

Well I am proud to say my birthday (June 10th) is the day when one of the Star Wars movies came out here in New Zealand.. Ep II.

>_>
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Was it Glyndwar????

if so YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight_Marz Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Welcome to the forums, man that was a read. I feel like I know you better than the Mafia Panda (He's really Good) Eokurios 91675
Knight_Marz
Knight_Marz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Hahahaha Des you are the Ultimate recruiter to these forums I swear. So passionate about it too! Eokurios 303161
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

HA ha yeah I really want to make this guild as succesfull as possible and the earlier we get the members the better fitted in everyone will be ready for launch.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Application Closed.

Topic Locked.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content