Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illian Amerond

+8
Jeme'Maer
Tyren Vaal
Jacan Na'al
Kevlar
Rygal Blaqk
Udumbara
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Illian Amerond
12 posters

Go down

Illian Amerond Empty Illian Amerond

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:36 am

Character Name: Master Jinx
Gaming Background: 23 years of paper and dice mixed with console/pc and 9 years as a game tester (bugger). Currently a founding member of Lucid Studios and working on educational degrees to move from student to teacher in the field of game development and design
Reason for Applying: This association meets my personal ethical, moral and social requirements. I am not interested in polarized cookie cutter associations whom will vie for 1337 status in the game, nor do I have a great deal of time to invest in a 'heavy presence' on the game world. So I found this middle ground group that appears to have everything I need to both enjoy my play time and have a gainful investment worth dedicating my free time to.
Your forum name on other sites (such as the official TOR forums): Master222jinx is universal for all forums I use, have used or will use.
Where did you first hear about Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO? Browsed the forums from early spring quarter of 2009, and then joined up when I got a beta testing email at work. Have been actively waiting the beta testing cycle and looking forward to the (predicted) spring first quarter release in 2011.
I believe it is important to know that I do not believe people are the parts or accomplishments of their work or labor, yet we are the sum of all or work, rest and play. For if we were represented by only our accomplishments in life there would be many who would have no soul or purpose in life.

Last edited by Illian Amerond on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Illian Amerond Empty Re: Illian Amerond

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:42 am

I live just North of you haha, Go P Town!

Last edited by Shaydeslayer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signature)
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:46 am

Shaydeslayer wrote:I live just North of you haha, Go P Town!

Indeed, ^.^ it is great to see how diverse, yet how close the web can be. We should totally hang out some time! Feel free to send me a PM or what not as I also attend meetings at Clark College just over the bridge.
Well Met!
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:15 am

Welcome! I look forward to posting with you in the future!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:19 am

Welcome Smile
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:56 am

Welcome Jinx! =)

I think Garr will be happy to see you, he is currently single handedly developing a little OUF game, I'm sure he'd love some additional expertise when it comes to the field.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Illian Amerond Empty greetings and salutaitons

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:06 am

Thank you all for your warm greetings and comments ^_^ I am greatly pleased to see an active and intelligently designed force.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 am

Welcome to our little corner of the universe Jinx.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:39 am

Welcome to the forums.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Illian Amerond Empty FYI: Communications

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am

Just thought I would put this out there as well.
In the past I have hosted a Team Speak 3 VoIP server for games with reliable 24/7 up time.
If it is in the intrests of the Union to have a Free high quality VoIP served I would be happy to put one up in the corner of my server and let it ride. It should be noted that like all software, updates, patches and server crashes are not unheard of no matter how well set up you are ^.^ yet since I primarily work form home I have better response time than most services.
Since we are looking at a Spring launch window this is just an avenue to explore.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:53 am

master222jinx wrote:Just thought I would put this out there as well.
In the past I have hosted a Team Speak 3 VoIP server for games with reliable 24/7 up time.
If it is in the intrests of the Union to have a Free high quality VoIP served I would be happy to put one up in the corner of my server and let it ride. It should be noted that like all software, updates, patches and server crashes are not unheard of no matter how well set up you are ^.^ yet since I primarily work form home I have better response time than most services.
Since we are looking at a Spring launch window this is just an avenue to explore.

Thank you for the offer, we will definitely keep that in mind should your application go well.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:53 am

Welcome to the forums! It is amazing how several people can live so close and yet not even know each other. I find it funny how Jinx is the name of my cat...and your picture looks exactly like him, minus the gun
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am

Welcome
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Welcome to our forums.

Enjoy and keep track of your application but counting your reply's in such a short time I doubt that would be a problem. Wink
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Welcome again.
ok as i said to the other applicant we always ask questions to try to get a better understanding of who you are.

so same question first for you.

choose your weapon. and explain why.

1) Vibro sword with cortis ore weave
2) Lightsaber (what would yours be two handed one? and colour?)
3) Rifle
4) Lightwip
5) Blaster
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Dessanar wrote:Welcome again.
ok as i said to the other applicant we always ask questions to try to get a better understanding of who you are.

so same question first for you.

choose your weapon. and explain why.

1) Vibro sword with cortis ore weave
2) Lightsaber (what would yours be two handed one? and colour?)
3) Rifle
4) Lightwip
5) Blaster

Personally, I utilize a Light Saber with a gentle shifting hue of purple. In the course of my life I have found that I would be called upon to perform the unthinkable duties of my nation, declared persona non-grata should I ever be captured. However, in the course of these duties I find myself on the precipice of darkness by choice, maintaining balance with my iron will and complete Zen acceptance of the neutrality that exists in the full nature of the force.
It should be noted that my weapon is the last thing I draw in combat, even with heavy blaster fire. As I am primarily guided by the force in my actions and only need to resort to using my chosen weapon to finish the work of my command. It is not my duty to lay low those in service to the one I am directed to eliminate, yet casualties are sometimes necessities in the course of my actions.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:45 pm

great informative answer
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:42 am

Welcome to the forums.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Sorry for the double post, but no one else has been poking at you with silly questions, so it's my turn.

What is your favorite food?

If you could have any ship in the Star Wars universe, what ship would it be, and why?

If you found a poor abandoned child sitting on the side of a road less traveled, begging those who pass for food and water, what would you do?

What are your expectations for PvP, and Endgame content in The Old Republic?
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Howdy. Welcome to our humble abode.

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13 am

Latiel wrote:Sorry for the double post, but no one else has been poking at you with silly questions, so it's my turn.

What is your favorite food?

If you could have any ship in the Star Wars universe, what ship would it be, and why?

If you found a poor abandoned child sitting on the side of a road less traveled, begging those who pass for food and water, what would you do?

What are your expectations for PvP, and Endgame content in The Old Republic?

If I could have any food in the universe I would eat Tatsushi. Tatsushi was a rumored dish made of Kaminoans. Kal Skirata was said to have had recipes for tatsushi; with a draft of Breath of Heaven. Breath of Heaven -- A quite expensive, nearly pure alcoholic drink. I find this pallet to be both enlightening and subtle which suits my taste just fine.

In considering a ship I have often wondered if any standard production model would do and the answer is sadly no. So it took me many cycles to locate shreds of information regarding a prototype vehicle known as the 'Rogue Shadow' by Sienar Fleet Systems. The heavy veil of secrecy piqued my interest and consumed a better part of 4 years of my life spent in deep covert operations siphoning off information about the build and replicating the process in my private hangar. In the end Apotheosis was born and has been the core platform for most my operations in service to the Republic. Since the craft utilizes a highly illegal cloaking system I keep it in the hold of my YT-2000 dubbed Cypher which is my primary intergalactic transport ship and the only thing I let people see.

In the matter of children, I have not lost my humanity due to my cybernetic conversion; however, I have not lost my senses either. I see these children every day in my work and what idea of my heart goes out to them all deeply. Yet I am a pragmatist, fully aware life with me would be a death sentence more swiftly than the starved life they can claw out themselves. From time to time I pick up the force sensitive ones and drop them off at local Jedi academy, yet that is the extent of my compassion. Each child deserves a fair strike at life, so orphanages and child services are who I turn to in these matters. But don’t get me wrong, life will make of it what it will and likely one day, one of those children I 'saved' will kill me if the war does not.

PvP is a rabid squirrel! Lolz. No, but in all honesty, PvP is fun and challenging. I like to engage in PvP for the spirit of competition not to prove I am superior or have 1337 skilz. Most fktards that do it for the e-peen use cheats like macros or specialized game pads with programmable macros ect. I am just in it for the game and the fun. Win lose or draw I will not lose any sweat off my sack over it. In endgame I like to pick it up a little and become a core 'Raid' member, specializing in support and off-tank logistics. I have MT'ed and Healed in Raids before and feel that those roles are not my play style because I like to be active in combat, moving around and keeping alert to new developments as they arise, intercepting as needed and peeling off the trouble from the other support classes.

In End Game I plan to work on fully exploring the game world and seeing/doing all that there is to do and see. I hope to offer guidance and information to new players and support the gaming community’s movements to theory craft and catalog the game world for information processing. During this time I hope to work to establish a market nexus to earn credits for my personal goals and the Guilds overall budget. As a crafter and gatherer these funds will come easily from the start.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 am

Fantastic answers, you get a cookie and a thumbs up.

Spoiler:
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:57 am

Application Closed.

Topic Locked.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down