Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No'Saj Rol'Yat

+14
Beadle
Dessanar
Ruka
Bahn Durm
Kevlar
Toranilor
Rebel Marksman
Aurora Antares
Benson
Udumbara
Quinlan Sa'athis
Tyren Vaal
Jacan Na'al
No'Saj Rol'Yat
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No'Saj Rol'Yat Empty No'Saj Rol'Yat

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Hello all. My name is Jason and I am 36 years young. Wink My character name will be No'Saj Rol'Yat. I have been gaming for most of my life starting with the Atari and Vic 20 all those years ago. I enjoy most genre of computer games but my favourites are the RPG's, Turn-based Strategy(a dying genre regretfully) and most recently the MMORPG's. My first MMORPG was father of them all in my opinion, Ultima Online. After a fantastic couple of years of that I went to Everquest. In 2004 when WoW went online in Australia I found my new new home for the next 5 years. Playing some other MMO's at same time, Asherons Call, DAoC, LoTRO AoC and a few others, but they were for only a brief time.
My gaming background is not only limited to computer gaming. My friends and I love roleplaying and we have been since we were about 12, I started roleplaying Pen and paper classics like DnD 1st ed and then later editions, MERPS, Rolemaster, Star Wars, Ars Magica, Vampire, Mage, Palladium, Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, Call of Cathulu, Warhammer. Table top wargames like Warhammer, Battletech and Car Wars.
My reason for joining is that i wish to join a guild of Australians and New Zealanders. I know most of you are or were part of Southern Stars guild in LoTRO so there is already a familiararity there for me.
I am Gwaurves on our Wandering Stars Forum, and on the Tor official Forum I am known as Kenoath. I first heard about SW:TOR from one of my best mates way back in 2008, just after the the official announcement for the game was made, and have been actively watching it now since early last year. My excitement for this game is growing with each passing week as we approach next years launch date!
Thanks for considering my application and i hope to be a member of the Unifying Force.
Darth Maul
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

No'Saj Rol'Yat Empty Re: No'Saj Rol'Yat

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Hello No'Saj and welcome to our humble home.

That is an interesting name, and considering the roleplaying background you described I assume you put considerable thought into it, would you mind telling us how you chose your name?

Also, feel free to browse and comment in any threads that take your interest, we always enjoy seeing the varied opinions and views on each topic.

Last edited by Jacan Na'al on Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu May 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Welcome to our forums No'Saj!
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Thu May 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Thank you Tyren Smile
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu May 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Welcome
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Welcome! Since I know very little of Star Wars, my hand is forced to seek other avenues of entertainment. So here are my questions! Your gaming background is extensive, as is mine. What do you think was the most pivotal point in home-gaming history, and why? Please don't feel like you have to answer this if you don't want ... it's not a test or anything. I'm just trying to get some discussion going that I can particpate in. I'm sure there will be more Star Wars questions forthcoming, but I, sadly, am a Star Wars moron.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri May 07, 2010 12:41 am

Hee welcome to our forum.

Reading your app was fun and looks alot like my gaming experience altough your a big 10 years older.

Car wars the table top game?? I thought me and my friends where the only ones playing that back in the day. But it was awesome.
Now I think about it the car game I played was named Crash...

Ever played Mordheim or the 40k variant...? damn cant figure out the name....google ---> necromunda Very Happy
Oh and I wonder with D&D 1st edition do you mean the versions before AD&D? Just wondering never even seen a D&D book before first edition AD&D.

I'll catch ya on the flip side!
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurora Antares Fri May 07, 2010 7:21 am

G'day mate Very Happy
Aurora Antares
Aurora Antares

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Fri May 07, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome to the formums.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Udumbara wrote:Welcome! Since I know very little of Star Wars, my hand is forced to seek other avenues of entertainment. So here are my questions! Your gaming background is extensive, as is mine. What do you think was the most pivotal point in home-gaming history, and why? Please don't feel like you have to answer this if you don't want ... it's not a test or anything. I'm just trying to get some discussion going that I can particpate in. I'm sure there will be more Star Wars questions forthcoming, but I, sadly, am a Star Wars moron.
For me Udumbara, it was 1st edition DnD..not 1st ed ADnD, but the original. We were 5 mates, loved computer games but we wanted a group experience. No multiplayer Computer games back then hehe. We gave Dnd a go, all sitting down either at a mates house at the kitchen table or behind the Library of our school at lunch or after school. It was amazing times, it galvonised our friendship ( I am still best mates with these people 23 years later) and lead us further down the path of roleplaying games and computer games. Smile
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 pm

@ Benson.
Gday mate. Yeah the table top game I played was by Steve Jackson 'Car Wars'
It was great fun, you got to design your class of vehicle from the ground up-Chassis, engine,armour,tyres, weapons and would then drive through the nearly deserted streets of Texas cities in a post nuclear setting. Besting your design against your mates or working together with your mates to defeat a Mad Max style enemy run by one of your mates. Great game, great memories!

No mate sorry I never played Mordhiem or necromunda. Any good?

And yes mate it was the original 1st edition DnD..it was called DnD basic I think from memory. I still have boxes of the original guides and adventures....somewhere :P
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Fri May 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Good answer! It's a rare thing to find a group of friends who stick together after so many years.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 am

A bit delayed, but welcome to the forums!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat May 08, 2010 7:03 am

omg, I can't believe I actually missed this for this long.

Welcome to the guild!! =D

We are experiencing a bit of a quiet spell atm while everyone is playing Allods (a free mmo), but hopefully having someone new in the guild will reamp the forum's activity =P haha
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat May 08, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello and welcome, No'Saj!!
Great to see that as we age we never get older. Gives me hope for my future.
Have fun here and stay awhile.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 am

Kevlar wrote:Welcome to the guild!! =D

Well, I think you mean welcome to our guild forums Kevlar, since not all applicants get in. Although your application looks like you meet our standards without any trouble No'saj.

Kevlar wrote:We are experiencing a bit of a quiet spell atm while everyone is playing Allods (a free mmo)

And theres only a few actively playing Allods, although lots have started characters. We always welcome more to join us until TOR comes out though!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Sun May 09, 2010 3:59 pm

No'Saj Rol'Yat wrote:@ Benson.
Gday mate. Yeah the table top game I played was by Steve Jackson 'Car Wars'
It was great fun, you got to design your class of vehicle from the ground up-Chassis, engine,armour,tyres, weapons and would then drive through the nearly deserted streets of Texas cities in a post nuclear setting. Besting your design against your mates or working together with your mates to defeat a Mad Max style enemy run by one of your mates. Great game, great memories!

No mate sorry I never played Mordhiem or necromunda. Any good?

And yes mate it was the original 1st edition DnD..it was called DnD basic I think from memory. I still have boxes of the original guides and adventures....somewhere :P

Heya No'Saj,

Your Car Wars dous sound like its the same table top game as my Crash... Maybe crash was just an expansions name or something. Still was a great game.

Mordheim and Necromunda are like small warparty's that can gain exp. Both great games, mordheim is fantasy like warhammer ande Necromunda is futuristic like 40k.

And by chance after years I start a new D&D campaign next week. Lets see if those mates of mine still can destroy an entire campaign in one drunk night..... No'Saj Rol'Yat 451181
Pretty cool you played the first D&D, thats a bit before my time. The campaign I start next week will be D&D 3.5 but thats way outdated now a days if I'm correct.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Mon May 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Welcome to the OUF forums No'Saj Rol'Yat!
Table Top Warhammer eh No'Saj Rol'Yat 28173 *sigh* that brings back memories, though I mostly played Epic Warhammer 40k.
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon May 10, 2010 9:25 pm

hey there,

Welcome to our little home.

As a fellow newcomer may I welcome you to the mad house (its not that bad really)

your post was an interesting read.

we have an active role play section here that a few of us are involved in so check it out..

things have gone a little quiet due to the new MMo so with fresh blood might get things going again
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Tue May 11, 2010 9:45 pm

But really, it is that bad...
40K memories.
Welcome, take a look around and feel free to comment on anything
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Wed May 12, 2010 2:36 am

Welcome to our corner of the Universe.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed May 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Just wanted to say welcome to the OUF forums.

and Toran where are these Hypos come on your slacking No'Saj Rol'Yat 896548 No'Saj Rol'Yat 890939
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 am

Welcome to the preliminary stages of our Order. We all went through these steps to get to our respectful positions and I have it on good authority that you are doing quite well already. Best of luck.

Carlen Darko
Grand Vizier
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Thu May 13, 2010 6:46 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Very much appreciated Smile Looking forward to many Star Wars discussions as we approach E3 and moreso Launch day!!!
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu May 13, 2010 7:34 am

Well this is embarassing, but it seems that I havent welcomed you Sad

Welcome to the forums!!
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content