Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Mists of Voss

+4
Tyren Vaal
Dessanar
Beadle
Toranilor
8 posters

Go down

The Secret Mists of Voss Empty The Secret Mists of Voss

Post  Toranilor Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:34 am

A new planet emerges!

We’re thrilled to announce not only the next planet to be featured in Star Wars™️: The Old Republic™️ but also a planet never-before-seen in the Star Wars™️ mythos: Voss.
An alien species resides on the mysterious world of Voss and is said to have an incredible aptitude for the Force. These Voss Mystics – rumored to be enigmatic healers as well as seers – struggle to protect their utopian society from annihilation.
Discover the secrets of Voss as you are forced time and again to choose between maintaining the appearance of neutrality so important to your leaders or striking against your enemies while you have the chance.

Access the HoloNet records to learn more about the darkness at the heart of Voss. Encounter the narrow trails and wide rock shelves in this video and visit the media section for never-before-seen screenshots, concept art, and wallpapers depicting the madness and despair creeping through the lands.

Original article
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

The Secret Mists of Voss Empty Re: The Secret Mists of Voss

Post  Beadle Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 pm

I think it looks pretty cool.
Possibly going to be a battleground planet or something of the like. It would be interesting to see if they could come up with some compelling idea to encourage people to vie for favour without killing anything.
And are they fighting for the favour of the Voss, the Gormak, both, or are they assisting in the extermination of the Gormak.
It seems the Voss don't actually want to be on a side and don't care much for any ideologies of the Force.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:21 pm

great planet with some awsome screen shots.

I am loving the fact there are so many planets already
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:36 pm

dessanar wrote:great planet with some awsome screen shots.

Whether they have lots of content we have yet to see. Wink
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:
dessanar wrote:great planet with some awsome screen shots.

Whether they have lots of content we have yet to see. Wink

yeah thats my main concern. I enjoyed SWG as there were a few galaxies and always things to do but with this number of planets and still some to be released I am concerned that there will be very little to do on each..
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Size shouldn't be a problem at least if what the beta testers say is true..
also will we still do that thing where we all jump off the tallest building in Coruscant?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:Size shouldn't be a problem at least if what the beta testers say is true..
also will we still do that thing where we all jump off the tallest building in Coruscant?

jump off the tallest building????
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:23 pm

I wonder if the planet's main export is...

The Secret Mists of Voss 340x

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Garr Talon wrote:I wonder if the planet's main export is...

The Secret Mists of Voss 340x

(Y) I loled xD

All this talk of planets... I'll bet that we would only get a small map to explore and the rest of the planet would somehow be 'inaccessible' *Rolls eyes* >.>
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:11 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:Size shouldn't be a problem at least if what the beta testers say is true..

You know i'll be there to jump right beside you...and hopefully use your body to cushion my landing
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm

I thought everyone was just gonna watch me fall....
I wonder if fatter people fall faster, i know physics says no and its all about air resistance but it would be funny.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Beadle wrote:
I wonder if fatter people fall faster, i know physics says no and its all about air resistance but it would be funny.

Well, a heavier person will have a higher terminal velocity, as a greater force (but not a greater acceleration) will act apon then while falling, and as such it will take a greater reaction force from the air, which in turn needs a greater velocity to generate, thus the heavy guy has a higher terminal velocity and falls faster.

Erm.. i think.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:44 am

Beadle wrote:

Don't you remember that grand plan we made on mIRC way back when i first joined almost? we all jump off in a line. Tyren gets to jump after alicia so he can land on her...
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Fenix wrote:
Beadle wrote:

Don't you remember that grand plan we made on mIRC way back when i first joined almost? we all jump off in a line. Tyren gets to jump after alicia so he can land on her...

so am i Missing somethign or is it basically a joining option that i forgot to read that once the game is released i have to kill myslef ????
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 am

Well as I understand it that sounds about right yeah... if you try to resist we'll hire some random sith to force push you off... The Secret Mists of Voss 409189
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Fenix wrote:Well as I understand it that sounds about right yeah... if you try to resist we'll hire some random sith to force push you off... The Secret Mists of Voss 409189

ok what the hell count me in and if i turn into a big girl just give me ashove ok The Secret Mists of Voss 21677
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 pm

I have dibs on yelling 'falcon punch!' right before we land.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:39 am

Some folks on the main site think that the planets are being released in order of level. The starting planets being the lowest and so on. It kinda seems that way.

I'll be on the ground to take a screenshot for you guys.
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Arashi wrote:Some folks on the main site think that the planets are being released in order of level. The starting planets being the lowest and so on. It kinda seems that way.

I'll be on the ground to take a screenshot for you guys.

sounds good to me. kinda a bit like AOC
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 am

hehe, at least it will make us leave the planets...If it were a sandbox I would probably never leave Alderran.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:hehe, at least it will make us leave the planets...If it were a sandbox I would probably never leave Alderran.

I think its really good. I loved the way they set up AOC at the start.all my friend shad already left the beigneer area and we telling me about other areas and i satyed up for like 3 days to get out of there lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

dessanar wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:hehe, at least it will make us leave the planets...If it were a sandbox I would probably never leave Alderran.

I think its really good. I loved the way they set up AOC at the start.all my friend shad already left the beigneer area and we telling me about other areas and i satyed up for like 3 days to get out of there lol

Some of the OUF played AoC for awhile then it collapsed due to not many of us playing it and some other stuff. We're slowly getting more active members now so Allods seems to be pretty successful.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down