Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balketh Aran

5 posters

Go down

Balketh Aran Empty Balketh Aran

Post  Balketh Aran Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:03 pm

The console beeps softly as you pass by, and in from the very corner of your vision, you catch the flashing of a light that wasn't lit a moment ago. The small, metallic ring that sits just off the message console begins to glow, and a small, blue hologram fades into view, wavering slighty above the ring. Shrouded in a dark brown robe, cautiously closed over at the front, the figure speaks from beneath a hood. The voice sounds older, and you aren't quite sure if it is Human or not, but it speaks in Basic, and the voice speaks with strength. Removing his hood slowly, you see the face of the thing before you is entirely blank, as if it has no race. In fact, it doesn't. You can, however, see the faint outlines of what may be leonine ears atop it's humanoid figure.

Greetings to the Order of the Unifying Force. I am Balketh Aran. I am currently located in the southern quadrant of this planet, on a grand continent known as Australia. I hail from the state of New South Wales, on the border between it and South Australia. Quite literally in the middle of No and Where, a mining town called Broken Hill. My appearance is due to the lack of information as to the races available in Star Wars: The Old Republic. If look close enough, you may see what could be my ears, for I strongly seek to be a Cathar, or Togorian.

I come before you today to seek judgement, and, in time, acceptance within the ranks of the OUF. I am young, a mere seventeen, but do not be fooled; I am wise beyond my years. I have endured many trials in my relatively peaceful life, and with this experience, wisdom is found. Part of this experience stems from my connection to the Force, and I have been told it is strong. The Jedi Council has sought me out many times, and each, I have refused their request to join the Jedi. When I discovered the Potentium, I felt as though a greater understanding of the Force had been passed on to me.

I am a skillful writer, weaving fact and fiction as you have so heard already. I am a powerful fan of Star Wars, as well as Firefly. My gaming history spans over eight years, before even the conception of the Xbox, before the Wii was even a twinkle in Shigeru Miyamoto's eye. I have seen every shore of the lands of Azeroth, braved the skies of Outland, and the frigid domain of the Lich King, Northrend. I have briefly skimmed the stars of Eve, I have held every rifle, pistol and grenade imaginable, from COD4 to Crisis: Warhead, Farcry to Halo. I am a rabid fan of Roleplaying, and table top gaming, from Dungeons and Dragons, fourth edition, to Star Wars Saga edition, and so many in between.

I should, perhaps, mention here that I am an avid, if just beginning, Indie Filmmaker. If you wish to know what sort of films I make... I make what I would like to watch. Star Wars, Firefly, I am Legend, Pandora's Box. These famous series, films and myths have given me utterly golden inspiration for crafting film scripts. I have a grand idea for an episodic series about an amazingly crafted Zombie Survival Action story, with elements of romance, comedy, drama, and what is referred to as Moe. See the link I am sending you now for more information on Moe.

Transmission from Balketh Aran: Moe Info wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

Again, I should also mention my rabid love of Anime, specifically Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, both the new and old Neon Genesis Evangelion... The list is as long as the Gaming History I am sending you now.

The console beeps softly, and a second, much larger hologram appears, a great rectangular window sprawling with soft, glowing text. The title of the file is 'Balketh Aran's Gaming History: Part 1, Chapter 1'.

Balketh Aran's Gaming History: Part 1, Chapter 1 wrote:Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout One, Two and Three, Freelancer, Half Life One, Two, Two: Episodes One and Two, soon to be Three, Portal, Mirror's Edge, Tribes One, Two and Vengeance, All three Halos, Dues Ex One and Invisible War, The Witcher normal and Enhanced editions, All the Age of Empires series, Age of Wonders One and Two, BioShock, Every Neverwinter Nights game released, Every Prince of Persia game released, Psychonauts, KOTOR I and II, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Clear Skies, Space Rangers 2, Spore, Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, Uplink, Onlink, Dawn of War and all it's expansions...

This is but a taste of my gaming history, but unfortunately, my other holocrons have been lost, but I assure you, you would be hard pressed to find a mainstream, and often off-stream game I have yet to see, hear, experience or play.

I am deeply fascinated by this guild. It is exactly the sort of guild I sought in the Worlds of Warcraft, yet failed to find.

Now that my lengthy description draws to a close, I leave you simply with this. I wish to join the Order of the Unifying Force because I understand what it means. I understood the reason behind the Potentium as soon as I came across it. I want to help everyone I can, but I want to do it my way.

Mistakes are made, but they can always be fixed, if you try hard enough. The Jedi will never understand this, but the Followers of the Potentium do.

The figure bows, before pulling his hood up again, waiting in a disturbingly perfect silence for any questions that may follow.

Last edited by Balketh Aran on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:21 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding info on Filmmaking and Anime love.)
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Balketh Aran Empty Re: Balketh Aran

Post  Foilole Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:10 pm

welcome
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Thank'ee. I don't always talk or post like that, by the way.

If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to ask! I'm more than happy to answer.

I must say though, I am genuinely excited about this guild. It's truly what I've been looking for.
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:28 pm

thats good you like this guild and hope to see you around. lol im only a cadet at the moment so you will probly have the leader of this guild asking you questions
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Welcome to the Order of the Unifying Force guild forums Balketh Aran!

Thanks for the interest in our guild, and that beautiful block of text that kept me enticed.

Please don't feel shy, I can tell that you aren't, and answer any questions before you.

You are very welcome to bestow your knowledge about Star Wars, and I might look into your films.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Welcome
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Questions?...

How can I have questions after such a long and thorough application!

Well done Balketh, a very impressive collection of information there.

Wasn't Freelancer an awesome game! I must have spent a few good years playing that online.

I am deeply fascinated by this guild. It is exactly the sort of guild I sought in the Worlds of Warcraft, yet failed to find.

Now that my lengthy description draws to a close, I leave you simply with this. I wish to join the Order of the Unifying Force because I understand what it means. I understood the reason behind the Potentium as soon as I came across it. I want to help everyone I can, but I want to do it my way.

Mistakes are made, but they can always be fixed, if you try hard enough. The Jedi will never understand this, but the Followers of the Potentium do.

MARVELOUS! Just marvelous.

Oh, and I am sure we can brush aside the fact that you are australian since you are being so nice.

I can tell you will greatly boost our RP section.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:48 am

Thank you Ayntinnus Otahkk, Quinlan Sa'athis, and Jacan Na'al.

I may be strong in the ways of RP, but I favour all aspects of the MMO world, PVE, PVP and RP. I will do my part in each equally, and help build The Order of the Unifying Force's presence in whatever server we decide to call ours.
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:26 am

Application Accepted.

Topic Locked.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content