Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC

+8
Beadle
Benson
Ruka
Kevlar
Tyren Vaal
Toranilor
Jacan Na'al
Darka
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC Empty Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC

Post  Darka Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Hands On The Trooper!

NDA has been lifted, interesting read
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC Empty Re: Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks for the link Darka, will have to check it out.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC Empty Re: Darth Haters: Trooper Play Through at GDC

Post  Toranilor Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Nothing like dangling some content to once again start up the fires of anticipation.

I'd better go get my TOR rabies shot..
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Awesome article with actual game facts in abundance.

It tells us what armour and weapon slots we will have (14 total).

Items will have durability that obviously diminishes through use or death.

There is fall damage.

There are varied degrees of loot quality.

There are stats such as agility, endurance and cunning - stats which must vary according to class and skill paths and items etc.

Each class will have 2 skill paths.

And more, so much more.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Woah, a load of information here, I really, REALLY hope I can download TOR on more than one computer and use the same account.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 pm

We did open up and start to do some testing. We are doing small groups, we are looking to expand that in the near future, and those origin planets are really a focus.
-Jake Neri, Darth Hater Trooper info.
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:22 pm

So in the Interview: Story In-Depth With Daniel Erickson there is more great info.

When you think bounty hunter think Western.

When you think Imperial Agent think CIA/Bourne Identity.

When you think Smuggler think Action Comedy (Rush Hour?)

There will be romance arcs.

The worlds are massive and there is free roaming/exploration.

Along with the class stories there are LONG world stories (primarily multiplayer is the impression i got).

Other classes can join you in your class story quests but cannot ruin the story for you.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:46 pm

And then Alex Freed (who is the writer for the Imperial Agent) came on
board, started looking at it, and really helped develop what the Empire
was and really changed it. He came to James Ohlen and I, and said "no,
no. This guy has got to be 24, Bourne Identity."

OMG! [Hears Bourne soundtrack.]

Alicia De'Lories right there! =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Interesting read *rubs hands* most interesting!!
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Alicia De'Lories right there! =P

But Bourne doesent get shot and left for dead nearly enough.. only 3 times by my count.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Touche =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:23 pm

This looks very nice!

I really wonder what huge is... now i could look down, but this time i'm talking about the worlds...
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Benson wrote:This looks very nice!

I really wonder what huge is... now i could look down, but this time i'm talking about the worlds...

Lol... huge as in geez, getting to the otherside, that's like running a frikin olympic marathon....
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:15 am

Benson wrote:This looks very nice!

I only just got this.

I assume you're looking down to see the earth, which is huge? =P
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 am

what a cool read. thats a lot of insight into what we can really expect to actually see in the game. I cant wait to get started now.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 pm

.....Im drooling!
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:40 pm

The escapist's Greg Tito also got some hands on time with the trooper.
You can see his thoughts here.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing the different skill trees for all classes.

Not so much interested in the DPS.. so looking forward to the secondary skill tree path for the trooper.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 pm

At least one of the GDC interviews confirmed there will be open world PvP... whatever that means.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:At least one of the GDC interviews confirmed there will be open world PvP... whatever that means.

sounds like a mass free for all
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Toranilor wrote:The escapist's Greg Tito also got some hands on time with the trooper.
You can see his thoughts here.

"" It seems that choosing to not accept a quest is
just as important as dialogue choices. "It's not just about taking a
meaningless quest, it's a quest that actually changes the story that
you're participating in, which can also change your progression." Neri
hinted that TOR might have some Fable-like changes as
well. "You might go down the dark side as a player, and perhaps that
affects the way you look from a physical perspective," he said. ""

Interesting, not sure if I'd like it or not, I mean, you choose your appearance for a reason...
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 pm

@Beadle
I can see that happening a lot more to force users, like they showed in KotOR. The Dark side makes you all grey, and vein-y, and the light side doesn't really change much, just makes you shiny? Anyway, I don't think they'll overdo it or anything, and they might have a toggle button to turn off such effects, just like LotRO had a button for every single piece of armor, if you didn't want to show it.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:18 am

But how will light and dark choices affect non-force users?

Seen the effect on the force users.. but how will troopers and the like change with their stories?
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 am

I'm guessing there will be some sort of toggle or something that will determine whether you will gain scars, burnt hands or face, implant, red eyes, pale skin or any of that stuff.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:48 am

Or there could be an optional yet demanding side quest to change your appearance. Like the resource thing in ME2.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next