Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Zero³

+14
Kevlar
ClaranceSH
MackSBlkss
Xavier
Tyren Vaal
Carlen Darko
Thalos
Rooks
Rygal Blaqk
Arashi Storm
Foilole
Darka
Jacan Na'al
MaxLiao
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Greetings from Zero³ - Page 2 Empty Re: Greetings from Zero³

Post  Kevlar Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:Sad ...pvp's awesome though.

totally in agreement on that point.

I think most peoples most vocal against PvP arn't actually against PvP, they are against ganking.

Which is fair, getting ganked or camped is never fun. But as long as bioware decides to use some form of protected PvP or PvP tag system, I'm completely keen for PvP.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:53 pm

I have no problems with ganking at all actually. Like you said in a game like Star Wars it actually would make sense to attack your enemy when they are not as skilled to keep them from gaining an advantage over you. What I don't like about PvP is the drama it creates.

I do understand that it is a game and not true war so there has to be something in place to allow players to play the game and enjoy it without being harassed by others. That's why a PvP only server doesn't make sense to me. If you implement a command or something to that effect to make yourself able to attack your opponents and them you than you make the game enjoyable for everyone, in my opinion. Battlegrounds is a great idea in a game as well because its a little more realistic. If you are in a certain area you are auto PvP status so you don't see enemies walking around where half are attackable and half are not.

I also like in SWG where you had a point system on every planet. You as a "rebel" could do certain things to make the planet have a more rebel points and therefore the cities on that planet would have rebel NPC's guarding it. So your enemies, whether PvP status or not, would have to fight them if they went to that city. These NPC's were not usually high level so it wasn't like it affected the PvE players much. If anything you would just have to find a friend to travel the city with you. I guess I have rambled on enough.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:37 am

I'll only participate in PvP if I get rewards from it, it's fun and it somehow benefits my faction on the server (i.e, territories, credits, dominance) as for a pvp server I actually don't have a clue how they will work, maybe some cities could be at peace/neutral with eachother and some places could be warzones
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:14 am

PvP designated server is usually full open non-consensual fighting, there are no safe zones.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  MackSBlkss Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:47 am

I would like to thank OUF for speaking on the behalf of Zero³ in the recent logo issue involving TFS. TFS is behaving very diplomatically and amiably. It would seem that issues between the guilds are being resolved deferentially and your input was much appreciated. Again, thank you and may the force be with you.
MackSBlkss
MackSBlkss

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:35 am

No worries! =) We are very glad that it all worked out with such civility! Though there is that one annoying member of their guild who is still getting on my nerve. =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaranceSH Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm

We are glad to and to second Macks thoughts thanks again for showing support there for us.

I am not a fan of ganking but I am fan of it being a possibility. I don't like corpse camping either. I am surely a fan of world pvp though, I just don't know how to stop the corpse camping without stopping world pvp.
ClaranceSH
ClaranceSH

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

there are a few things I can think to do.

For example each time you kill a person in world, they get extra 10% buffs against you, making each kill harder and harder.

Have /pvp tags, where people can turn their pvp status off, disabling them from pvping others and in turn being pvped.

those are just a couple simple ones.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaranceSH Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 am

I like first idea but the second really takes it away from world pvp. People will hit someone then shut off pvp when it gets to hard.
ClaranceSH
ClaranceSH

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 am

ClaranceSH wrote:I like first idea but the second really takes it away from world pvp. People will hit someone then shut off pvp when it gets to hard.

There could be a cooldown period where you have to have been out of PvP combat for a certain period of time before you could turn off the PvP flag.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaranceSH Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 am

They could do that, I hope even if they do that some planets are pvp zones
ClaranceSH
ClaranceSH

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Kevlar wrote:there are a few things I can think to do.

For example each time you kill a person in world, they get extra 10% buffs against you, making each kill harder and harder.

Have /pvp tags, where people can turn their pvp status off, disabling them from pvping others and in turn being pvped.

those are just a couple simple ones.

Heya, the first idea has its drawbacks. But the second one is awesome with a cooldown that says you have to be out of combat for 5 minutes to de-activate pvp..

or something.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:17 pm

I don't know if any of you have played Pirates of the Burning Sea, but in my opinion they had one of the best PVP systems in any MMO.

PvP 'hostile zones' were created by attacking a port and building up contention points, which were nessecary to take over a port. This worked well to creatde a dynamic PvP area, as well as reflecting, from an RP perspective, the changing conditions of war.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Toranilor wrote:I don't know if any of you have played Pirates of the Burning Sea, but in my opinion they had one of the best PVP systems in any MMO.

Hey SW:TOR, I'm gunna let you finish, but Pirates of the Burning Sea had the best PvP system of all time, ALL TIME!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
Toranilor wrote:I don't know if any of you have played Pirates of the Burning Sea, but in my opinion they had one of the best PVP systems in any MMO.

Hey SW:TOR, I'm gunna let you finish, but Pirates of the Burning Sea had the best PvP system of all time, ALL TIME!

Damn, who keeps letting Jacan rush the stage?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 pm

No worries SW:TOR, Beyonce is going to give you a second chance!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaranceSH Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 pm

I like those sorts of things but what is the benefit to defend? Without one it seems to turn into what happened on planetside. You get a war party together and swarmed through and at some point you might meet another opposing group doing the same.
ClaranceSH
ClaranceSH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum