Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting)

5 posters

Go down

Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting) Empty Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting)

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Forum Posting Guidelines

This is just a quick set of guidelines to aid you in your posts on this forum. We do not want to be too anal about it but a certain level of readability is required both to make it easier for everyone to view the posts and to maintain a professional looking site from the outside.

• Always post in full words - Example - ur, txt, c, u, cum, peeps, nething, are examples of what is not acceptable.

• Never post using numbers in place of letters - Example - m8, som1, 2.

• Always capitalize where necessary - Example - i, names or places.

• Always write in full sentences and use paragraph breaks if appropriate.

• Do not swear unless it fits the post (these instances will be fairly rare).

• Punctuate!

Basically if you stick to what you learned in English class and not what see when you look at the screen of a cell phone and all should be good.

Last edited by Quinlan Sa'athis on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting) Empty Re: Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting)

Post  Eli Aberyst Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:04 pm

What of those whose English is not their first language?
Eli Aberyst
Eli Aberyst

Back to top Go down

Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting) Empty Re: Forum Posting Guidelines (read before posting)

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 pm

There is quite a difference between sloppy typing and someone that is not so good with the grammar.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:22 am

Eli Aberyst wrote:What of those whose English is not their first language?

They can mention that english is not their first language in their initial post and then it wouldn't be a problem as long as they continued to put effort into their posts.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:38 am

ok thanks no problem
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:46 pm

hey Just wondering Jacan if you say "Aplication Closed" does it mean there accepted or rejected
thanks
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Foilole wrote:hey Just wondering Jacan if you say "Aplication Closed" does it mean there accepted or rejected
thanks

Could be either, usually it's me trying to nicely say not accepted.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue May 26, 2009 12:43 pm

I want to bring this to everyone's attention again.

Please read through the OP and try to make sure you stick to those guidelines.

I want to stress to everyone to take your time when posting, it is not a race and you are not charged per word or letter.

Start sentences with a capital letter please, pretty much just check over what you post before you post it, or if you notice something after you post then go back and edit the post to fix the error.

Thank you everyone.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue May 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Usually im on zee forums at my work, so I type something, then get interupted.

Then continue on my post and again get interupted. So sometimes I would post quick and without much thought for a quick reply.

Dont you think the rules are a bit harsh? English is not my main language so I could slack all I want according to theses rules as long as I try...

And I to hate all short things but I catch mysleft using it more and more...

like:

to = 2

And simply still like to call you M8's
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 am

Benson wrote:Usually im on zee forums at my work, so I type something, then get interupted.

Then continue on my post and again get interupted. So sometimes I would post quick and without much thought for a quick reply.

Dont you think the rules are a bit harsh? English is not my main language so I could slack all I want according to theses rules as long as I try...

And I to hate all short things but I catch mysleft using it more and more...

like:

to = 2

And simply still like to call you M8's

We know who the non-English speakers are and they tend to try harder than those who speak English as their first language - for instance, your posts are fine because the occasional slip up doesnt matter, it is when there is a regular practice of poor posting (almost every post, if not every post)

It is common for people to get lazy with a language when they use it their entire lives, so this is mainly directed to those people, however non-English speakers could also learn as they continue to contribute to the community.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down