Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRII: Round I

+7
Kevlar
Tyren Vaal
Gerard Halcyon
Jasterk Staren
Beadle
Jeme'Maer
Carlen Darko
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BRII: Round I Empty BRII: Round I

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:09 pm

THE OUF BATTLE ROYALE II

ROUND I Bracket - link

Submissions must be in my Inbox by no later than:
February 5, 2010

Note to Beadle and Rygal: Each of you have randomly been selected to move on from Round I and will not have an opponent until Round II.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

BRII: Round I Empty Re: BRII: Round I

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:53 pm

0_0!....Im fighting Kevlar!....cool.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:50 pm

So am I automatically through to round 2 battling out of Kev and Jeme, or am i battling Rygal in round 1?
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Beadle wrote:So am I automatically through to round 2 battling out of Kev and Jeme, or am i battling Rygal in round 1?

You will be battling the winner of Jeme and Kevlar's match.
Rygal will be battling the winner of Jasterk and Benson's match.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 am

Ok I sent my entry to you Carlen.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:30 am

/facepalm

.... Please, PLEASE tell me these matches were picked at RANDOM..... Please...?

Don't hate me Jacan... You know you're my home boy!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 am

It's eat or be eaten Tape
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 pm

The matches were created by my wife. I gave her the different names and she matches them up. Since she doesn't know any of you, it is as random as it can get.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:0_0!....Im fighting Kevlar!....cool.

<3 =P hahaha

This should be highly entertaining =D

I do have a question though Jeme. What exactly is Force Awareness?

PS, @Beadle, you best be praying Jeme wins =P
Wink
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 am

Kevlar wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:0_0!....Im fighting Kevlar!....cool.

<3 =P hahaha

This should be highly entertaining =D

I do have a question though Jeme. What exactly is Force Awareness?

PS, @Beadle, you best be praying Jeme wins =P
Wink

Its a hightened sense through the force...I can sense beyond the normal awareness of my species...which is channeled through my tendrils...the force awareness allows me to increase my senses of the emotions of people around me (see Nautolan)
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 am

Can't see any reference to Force Awareness there (I may have missed it)

This sounds like an instinctual skill rather than a Force ability though:
"Nautolans possessed exceptional olfactory and pheromone sensing skills, enhanced by head-tresses. These tendrils were used to detect the emotional state of another being, but were most effective underwater. Within Nautolan culture, the ability to sense pheromone changes was an essential part of the communication process."
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:Can't see any reference to Force Awareness there (I may have missed it)

"Nautolans possessed exceptional olfactory and pheromone sensing skills, enhanced by head-tresses. These tendrils were used to detect the emotional state of another being, but were most effective underwater. Within Nautolan culture, the ability to sense pheromone changes was an essential part of the communication process."
well than....I just looked also and I could not find the power I even posted...It might have been a KOTOR power or something. Since I was also taking it from some of my RP cards, I could have made some mistakes...Il be sure to replace it if I have to.

The point was for the Nautolan to use force awareness to gain a heightened sense of the emotions of those around them, which can also tie into the Dun Moch that my character also uses. The Nautolan would channel the power to increase the sensitivity of his natural affinity to detect the emotional state of another being, making it as effective as it would be underwater.

...like I said, this is almost directly from the RP cards I have. So if it needs to be taken off I can.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:51 am

Nope, I'm fine with it. Maybe it needs to be renamed however.

Force Awareness sounds to me like Precognition or something. Or a Force heightened sense of the Jedi's surroundings. Force enhanced combat awareness if you will.

Not Force enhanced pheromonal empathy type thing.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:
Jacan Na'al wrote:Can't see any reference to Force Awareness there (I may have missed it)

well than....I just looked also and I could not find the power I even posted...It might have been a KOTOR power or something. Since I was also taking it from some of my RP cards, I could have made some mistakes...Il be sure to replace it if I have to.

The point was for the Nautolan to use force awareness to gain a heightened sense of the emotions of those around them, which can also tie into the Dun Moch that my character also uses. The Nautolan would channel the power to increase the sensitivity of his natural affinity to detect the emotional state of another being, making it as effective as it would be underwater.

...like I said, this is almost directly from the RP cards I have. So if it needs to be taken off I can.

its a D20 starwars rule.....
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Just submitted mine, Judges be warned, its a little bit long for a short story.

Even if I don't win, I hope you enjoy it as much as I loved writing it. It was awesome fun =)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 pm

LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES!! DUE THE 5TH!!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:17 am

DUE DATE EXTENDED TO THE 8TH.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 am

Carlen Darko wrote:
DUE DATE EXTENDED TO THE 8TH.

Any reason why the due date has been extended? If I knew before hand, wouldn't have need to stay up till 4am writing it on the 4~5th.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:38 am

I am sorry, thats a bad on my part(unless anyone else also needed more time) Iv just gotten time to do mine, and its gotten a lot longer than expected....but it will be epic!!
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I also agree that extensions are just not on.

I don't care about the reasons but if someone cannot meet the deadline its tough.
Rules should not be changed for any ones personal benefit its a unfair decision and as Kev said disadvantages those that DID submit on time.

This is the first and LAST time a rule is changed in this competition half way through a round or you can consider my participation ended.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:42 pm

A rule change is at my discretion and if you do not agree, then you are welcome to forfeit your position in this competition. I do not mean this in a harsh tone.

For all, the reason an extension was given is because no one single set of opponents have submitted entries. I have received several entries but none of those person's opponents have. I do not want a repeat of the first Royale where everyone gets a pass due to no opponent. I want an actual competition this time and not a half-ass attempt at one. If that means extending the date, then I will do so. Point blank.

I apologize if anyone does not agree.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm

well if anyone like Kev had not known of the extension, and he had spent till at least 4:00 working on it, could you not give them back their submissions temporarily until the extended date is done. I know that when you stay late, half the time you have no idea what you were writing and would like to look over it and make some changes the next day to what you submitted....just throwing it out it there.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:02 am

As soon as this event became Council sanctioned and official it came under our scrutiny. I believe this goes against the spirit of the competition and if your not willing to listen I will be raising the issue with the Council for discussion.

A deadline is a deadline nothing you say to me will change that in my mind, and I am firmly against this decision to extend.

*Edit*
Please note I would be posting this regardless of my participation.
However due to the perception of impartiality that could be construed here I am withdrawing from the competition as I fully intend to follow up this issue as a member of the Council and I do not wish the decision to be marred by accusations.

I have completed the first submission on time as instructed before the rules were changed to benefit a few, so feel free to use this against my opponents entry if you wish to do so.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:37 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:As soon as this event became Council sanctioned and official it came under our scrutiny. I believe this goes against the spirit of the competition and if your not willing to listen I will be raising the issue with the Council for discussion.

A deadline is a deadline nothing you say to me will change that in my mind, and I am firmly against this decision to extend.

*Edit*
Please note I would be posting this regardless of my participation.
However due to the perception of impartiality that could be construed here I am withdrawing from the competition as I fully intend to follow up this issue as a member of the Council and I do not wish the decision to be marred by accusations.

I have completed the first submission on time as instructed before the rules were changed to benefit a few, so feel free to use this against my opponents entry if you wish to do so.

What you see as benefit to a few is not. It is a benefit to all and to
the sense of competition itself (which there cannot be if no one has an
opponent). Anyone who has already posted is more than welcome to revise
and resubmit, thus no one gets an upper hand.

Edit: Deleted certain sentences that were inappropriate for public view. I apologize.

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:26 am

As this has now been submitted for formal Council consultations I will not be discussing it further here.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next