Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow, Nostalgia

+12
Filipe Barro
Huyneo
Jasterk Staren
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Illian Amerond
Quinlan Sa'athis
Latiel
Razorrocks
Jacan Na'al
Rygal Blaqk
Kevlar
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wow, Nostalgia - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, Nostalgia

Post  Kevlar Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 am

Hey Bladen! Glad you made it. I think a few of them got lost. =P

I think I found you on facebook though. haha
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladen Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:10 am

Kevlar wrote:Hey Bladen! Glad you made it. I think a few of them got lost. =P

I think I found you on facebook though. haha

Yeah I posted on there hoping someone would see it. Were you the one who added me? lol
Bladen
Bladen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 am

Haha, yup. You're Matt right? =o
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladen Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:37 am

Yep Smile
Bladen
Bladen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 am

Just let you folks know, Jacan and Udu (I think) are hard at work on re-establishing holo-net after the whole fiasco. (Seriously not impressed with a certain somebody.)

They've gotten the frame works of certain things like a DKP tracker, forums and such in place already and are busy experimenting with other things and themes atm.

Let us hope they will finish it soon and to spec so that we can get recruiting and cracking again.

Be prepared though. I plan to turn up the pace a little once we are back on track at the new site. So I may need some volunteers to help with certain types of things like establishing guild presence and recruiting.

I'll letcha know then however. In the mean time. HURRY UP JACAN! =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladen Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 am

Yeah when I saw that I thought we were going to be a DKP guild. Is it true though? I think DKP creates to much drama and problems lol.
Bladen
Bladen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am

I think we have two groups that are going to be running instances. One 'casual' group which runs when the opportunity arises. And that group DOESN'T use DKP.

The other 'Vanguard' group is a regularly scheduled sign up group that tracks DKP. so the DKP is for the vanguard group only.

I think this was what we came up with after long discussion about it a while ago.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:23 am

3 proposed tiers of raiding.

tier 1 = elite raid group, sort of invite only, the best of OUF raiders striving to be the best/first etc. This will use a form of dkp or master looter scheme to always be kitted with the most effective gear from their efforts.

tier 2 = regular raid group, for those wanting to be a part of a dkp system but not able to dedicate the time required for the elite group. This group will not raid as often as the elite group but will likely contain several members of the elite group as well.

tier 3 = casual raid group, for those with very haphazard schedules. no dkp and no penalties. This group is the most likely to have to cancel raids however due to the time restraints of the people attending. It will likely use some key members of the regular/elite raid groups to help the casuals through some of the tougher situations. Members in this group should not expect to always complete raids.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 am

Shows how much attention I was paying to the elder conference discussion >.<

(whistles innocently)

What Jacan said =D
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Wow, Nostalgia - Page 2 Empty AHHHH thats better

Post  Dessanar Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry I have been inactive for a while its been a mad period looking for work and also settling back into my new job but its all good atlast....

So what have I missed?

How are you all?

etc etc etc

And I have to say I really do prefer this site to the new one I love it I love it I love it....
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey welcome back Dess! You were missed!

You missed the whole debacle with the previous host. So currently Jacan is hard at work putting together oufholonet by himself again. Hopefully it will be doneish soon as possible.

In the mean time we hang out here. I actually liked this forums WAY better then the other one. I think a lot of us did.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Welcome welcome welcome home Dess. Pretty much what Kev Kev said. Latiel is good, how are you?
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:32 am

Well than welcome back Dess. The old site seems to be waking some people up. Ahh, that old site smell...
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Hey thanks guys.

I am really good settled in my new job and doing quite well so its all good.

So what have I missed
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Welcome back. Smile

Also I was just looking at some of the old threads and saw a thread from Benson, what ever happened to him? I think he might have made a thread about leaving on the other website but I can't remember.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:00 pm

I cant remember the last time I saw a post off him if I am honest.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:19 am

meh, what happened to most of them, I know that Toran is gone, I don't know about many others though, I hope we get to see them again when it comes out.

oh wow, going through these forums I have found members that have been gone for awhile. Benson, Nosaj, thalas, Rygal, arashi (cry), Carlen, Satarel. I feel old -_-
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am

Lol! yeah, some days I feel like I've been in the guild forever. Other days I feel like it was only yesterday. So who knows. =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:35 am

Sounds like Alzheimers....we must be getting old.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:40 am

Haha! harsh >.<
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:meh, what happened to most of them, I know that Toran is gone, I don't know about many others though, I hope we get to see them again when it comes out.

oh wow, going through these forums I have found members that have been gone for awhile. Benson, Nosaj, thalas, Rygal, arashi (cry), Carlen, Satarel. I feel old -_-

Benson is just inactive, as is Nosaj. Don't know who Thalas is, Rygal pokes his head in now and then, don't know about Arashi, Carlen left, Satarel stopped by a few times I think, but has been mostly inactive. Folks will probably return when the game comes out.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Arashi, Carlen and Garr won't be back, they /ragequit. Well, I don't think Carlen ragequit. He found Jesus and Jesus told him he couldn't play mmos or something. I dunno... go figure.

Other people are just waiting and being silent. They will be back once game launches. Even if they didn't, there will be hundreds of thousands of potential recruits anyhows.

The great thing about being in from pre-launch is that we essentially will form the core of the guild.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 pm

No'Saj was taken ill a little while back and the last time I had any contact he was still in hospital. I took over the writting of Saj in the RP's but not heard for a while.

I think Pre launch guilds are great but can be hard work sometimes as you dont have the game conversation to fall back on.

Pre launch members are the core because they set this up and build bonds that really you wont have with any member that joins after launch.

I for one have really enjoyed being a member with or without the game.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:22 am

Carlen made a decision he thought was best for his new family and we respect that.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:Carlen made a decision he thought was best for his new family and we respect that.

Well, I was more like 'erm... wha?' /scratch head.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum