Queenslander!!

Go down

Queenslander!!

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat on Wed May 26, 2010 4:36 am

Gday all! Well tonight is our first match of the 'State of Origin' series. Go Queensland!!! haha
For our international OUF'ers it is a series of 3 matches in Rugby League..off field mates and countrymen bashing the absolute crap out of each other, in the finest exhibition of rugby league football you are likely to watch!
Hopefully there will be massive 'hits' and atleast 'some Biffo!'
For us supporters it will involve lots of Pizza and copious amounts of Alcohol..

GoGo Queensland!! Bring on the 5peat!(thats 5 series wins in a row, a feat never been achieved before in 30 years of Origin matches)
And goodluck New South Wales, may the best team win!
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Re: Queenslander!!

Post  Guest on Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 am

Anything involving copious amounts of alcohol is worth doing in my book! Not much of a rugby fan, but hey, anything can happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar on Wed May 26, 2010 1:06 pm

ha ha i love watching any form of rugby.

Union is more my cup of tea to be honest
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 am

It was on at 11:30pm so I recorded it and will watch it tonight if I get the time.

Qland all the way!
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Thu May 27, 2010 11:27 pm

UP THE BLUES!!!
But we lost... Sad
Good start though.
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Fri May 28, 2010 3:38 am

Forgive the American in me, but it's like Cricket......

............right?
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat on Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 am

Nah Bahn..think of American football without the body armour ..and instead of a line of scrimmage we have one player play the ball behind them along the ground by foot to a 'dummy half ' another player. The opposition start 10 meters away at the time of the play the ball, then move up in a line. The Dummy half then picks up the ball and in order to pass the ball in this game it must be thrown backwards to a team mate who then runs with the ball in hand at the line of opposition tacklers. You have 6 tackles to a/ score a try b/kick the ball down field for the opposition to start their 6. Thats a very basic insight into Rugby league mate.
Now Cricket is another game all together and I will tell you all about that game another day
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Fri May 28, 2010 6:38 pm

lol
Thanks for the explanation, No'Saj. I didn't know a great deal about Rugby, save for it was a far more badass game than American Football, but I definitely knew it wasn't Cricket.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar on Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 pm

great explination.

but still think Rugby Union is better.

In Union you do all of the above plus when a player has been tackled you can pile in and rake the ball away with your boot studs. if a player is in the way then tough . . . . . ah ha ha
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka on Sat May 29, 2010 12:42 am

I felt sorry for the Blues to me it looked like Queensland didnt even get out of 2nd gear,
I doubt they will come to Suncorp and beat Qland on there home turf.
Stupid NSW selectors have NO IDEA what there doin putting players out of position and leaving other players out of the squad.

Note on Rugby union: I was told by an AFL fan that Union players like to get together every 10mins to have a big group hugs in the form of a *scrum* and smell eachothers bums if the urge arose. heh
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar on Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 pm

ruka thats great a ruck and scrum are nearly the same thing a scrum you can push back and forth and a ruck you just all lie on top of each other... ha ha ha
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sun May 30, 2010 7:31 am

Beadle wrote:UP THE BLUES!!!
But we lost... Sad
Good start though.
Dammit I should have watched the game before I checked the forums... LOL.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Sun May 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Yeah....
Well whens the next game on?
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 am

June 16 Beadle. Next Wednesday and the countdown has started! Very Happy I have my bottle of Wild Turkey ready and waiting for me hehe
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum