Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartacus

+11
Dragon
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Rale Onsari
Jasterk Staren
TikkiMik
Bahn Durm
Udumbara
Gerard Halcyon
Dessanar
Toranilor
Satarel Vao
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spartacus Empty Spartacus

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Probably the best single season of any show I have ever seen. The finale was likely the greatest thing known to man, and I encourage everyone to try and find all of the episodes.

The leading actor was recently diagnosed with a treatable form of cancer, so let's hope everything goes well and we see the story of Spartacus continue.

And to those who have no idea what it is, it's a mix between the politics and drama of HBO's Rome, with the action and overall style of 300. If you ask me, the perfect equation for an incredible ancient Rome story. Check it out!

Also, don't wiki his name because it may give away the plot haha. It's loosley based on the real Spartacus of history, except for the fact that the one depicted in the series isn't gay.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Spartacus Empty Re: Spartacus

Post  Toranilor Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 am

So if i know the history of spartacus, the series is allready spoilered for me? Sad
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sat May 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I havent seen this adverised so i guess my best hope is to use surf the chanel to watch it.

sounds like it will be right up my street as I loved 300 and Rome.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Sat May 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Toranilor wrote:So if i know the history of spartacus, the series is allready spoilered for me? Sad

I'm not entirely sure how close to the original story they are going with... but at the end of the first season I realized it may be sort of close. And the biggest link between this and 300 other than the style would be the Persian Messenger. He's in this as Doctorae, their trainer... and he is elite.

It's produced by Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi, who did Xena and Hercules so expect to see some funny faces in there. And Lucy Lawless naked. Woot woot.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat May 01, 2010 11:15 pm

I watched it up until
Spoiler:
Then, I just stopped watching it. But, my DVR is still recording it, so I'll watch it on my next day off.

BTW, there are lots of tits and sex... Just letting you guys know... It's a GREAT series, btw, just enough talking, action, blood and sex to make it more than just some random ass project.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 02, 2010 2:04 am

gah, have some decency man! Very Happy I added some spoilers to your post. I caught the first few episodes of this then... well I guess I forgot about it or got busy, one of the two. I also enjoyed 300, but this movie more resembles Gladiator with the wife gone and the fighting because you have to, etc, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sun May 02, 2010 3:34 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:
BTW, there are lots of tits and sex... Just letting you guys know... It's a GREAT series, btw, just enough talking, action, blood and sex to make it more than just some random ass project.

Hahaha! You just became one of my favorite people. Now I will definately download this show.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sun May 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Agree with others. This show is an epic win.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

going to have a look onlie as so far what i take from these posts are - fighting - sex and tits sounds a great show to me :-)
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 pm

The sex is great.. Viva Bianca and Lucy Lawless always kissing is a plus too. But it's all about the dialogue. All I will say, is that Spartacus and Krixos have the BEST conversations.. and if you watch until the end, it all adds up to the most epic exchange of words. And then more.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue May 04, 2010 5:36 am

I guess that I have no choice but to take back my 360 and go onto Netflix and watch this wonderment of death and sex.

Is it strange that, as a human being, I am most excited about those two aspects of this show?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue May 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:I guess that I have no choice but to take back my 360 and go onto Netflix and watch this wonderment of death and sex.

Is it strange that, as a human being, I am most excited about those two aspects of this show?

Amen to that lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 pm

My gods, I don't want this show to ever end. I only have 4 more episodes to watch Sad .
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed May 26, 2010 8:19 pm

the series has just started over here i watched the first episode last night and I like it.

Blood (sorry going to get very imature here a sec) boobies and bits BLOODY marvelous
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Thu May 27, 2010 5:49 am

I know! It's one awesome show. I wish I hadn't finished the first season ... it's a show you just never want to end.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Fri May 28, 2010 12:38 pm

i enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:01 pm

OMG last night episode was simply awesome.

Krixus and spartacus had to team up and Krixus was left seriously wounded so we dont know if he is dead or not...

I am really enjoying this and to be honest i am going to make a statement i never thought I would make....

I dont like the nudity side of it. I have found that the language and nudity are not really needed I actually think the show would of been better without it if possible. I can understand some sex scenes but why when they cut to the crowd does every woman have her tits out??? in a culture like the romans had i really can imagine it being like this so it does spoil it a little.

thats just my opinion
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Greatest. Show. Ever. Behind Battlestar Galactica, of course.

I could do without Krixus' (spellling?) schlong flopping around, but in Dum Dum's world (a very special world, indeed), boobs are like beer; all are good, some are just better than others.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Udumbara wrote:Greatest. Show. Ever. Behind Battlestar Galactica, of course.

I could do without Krixus' (spellling?) schlong flopping around, but in Dum Dum's world (a very special world, indeed), boobs are like beer; all are good, some are just better than others.

I actually rate this on par with BG
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Spartacus Empty Awesome series......maybe better than The Tudors lol of course.

Post  TikkiMik Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Dessanar wrote:the series has just started over here i watched the first episode last night and I like it.

Blood (sorry going to get very imature here a sec) boobies and bits BLOODY marvelous

Hey, im new to the forum and stuff like that but Ive watched all of the Spartacus episodes and besides the romance and action it was excellent giving the Tudors a fight for my attention lol.

P.s. Star Wars Rocks lol
TikkiMik
TikkiMik

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 pm

IM SPARTACUS!

Last edited by Jasterk Staren on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:40 pm

lol you think so do you...........
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rale Onsari Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:48 pm

meh...i prefer charlton heston's spartacus
Rale Onsari
Rale Onsari

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:08 am

Yeah that is my favorite show! are they going to make more? Probably not but I was just wondering considering it was the "Season" Finale.
I am just hoping lol.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:09 am

I have watched the first 6 episodes so far (have the rest backed up for some guy on the internet as well). I think my summary was the first episode contained full frontal nudity, the "C word", and more blood and violence than a small African country's civil war. Great stuff.
I have heard Cancer treatment has gone well, so hopefully season 2.
Not sure how it is rating (I doubt it will every get aired in OZ with our Puritan styled censorship laws). Hopefully it doesn't go the way of firefly. Mind you HBO goes for niche so....
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum